Boyd Corporation, a global market leader in custom fabricated solutions for the electronics, transportation, medical and industrial markets is seeking an Inside Sales Representative for our Modesto, CA facility. The inside sales position is a dual purpose role in the sales support organization: to manage customer activities and programs, while supporting the sales team to promote account growth, as well as grow and develop business in their own respective territories.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- All customer order and account support activities. Includes but is not limited to processing customer's requests for quotes and forwarding to Estimating. Gather and prepare required information for formal quotation including, but not limited to, drawings, sample parts, technical data, and material sources for submittal to Boyd Estimating and assist with the preparation of formal quotation packages for customer review.
- Audits orders received for price, quantity, delivery, revision level. Informs customer of price, shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer. Writes or types order form, and/or enters data into computer, to determine total cost and availability for customer- or works with administrative support to manage this activity. Communicates with all facets of the organization related to customer order and program planning.
-Supports Outside Sales Representative. Interaction with sales and production for customer program management of new products and/or content to the organization through the appropriate prescribed process flow. Overseeing of these new programs from inception to implementation.
- Sales Representative of an assigned territory. Responsible for their own assigned target and account growth. Attempts to sell additional merchandise to customer through upselling and cross-selling. Frequent communication with current and prospective customers via phone and email. Achieves intimate knowledge of customers, market segments and product lines. Executes strategies for increased customer and industry penetration.
- Ascertains credit rating of customer; advises customer of changes in terms.
- Checks inventory control and notifies stock control departments of orders that would deplete stock. Advises purchasing department of cancellations that require material cancellation. Sources materials for customer applications, as needed.
- Receives and tracks customer complaints as they relate to the quality procedures.
- Bachelor degree preferred, 2 year Associate degree as a minimal requirement; 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and team collaboration skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must be a self-starter, accountable and innovative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of conscientiousness
- Strong computer skills including MS Outlook, Power Point, Excel
Boyd Corporation offers an outstanding benefit package including 401(k), competitive wages, and a clean and safe working environment.
Boyd Corporation - 5 months ago