Who We Are
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental,
energy and industrial services throughout North America.
The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a
majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of
smaller private entities and numerous federal, state,
provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its
Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier
provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts
washers and environmental services for the small
quantity generator market.
Within Clean Harbors Environmental Services, the Company
offers Technical Services and Field Services. Technical
Services provide a broad range of hazardous material
management and disposal services including the
collection, packaging, transportation, recycling,
treatment and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous
waste. Field Services provide a wide variety of
environmental cleanup services on customer sites or
other locations on a scheduled or emergency response
Within Clean Harbors Energy and Industrial Services, the
Company offers Industrial Services and Oil & Gas Field
Services. Industrial Services provide industrial and
specialty services, such as high-pressure and chemical
cleaning, catalyst handling, decoking, material
processing and industrial lodging services to
refineries, chemical plants, pulp and paper mills, and
other industrial facilities. Oil & Gas Field Services
provide exploration, surface rentals, solids control,
and environmental services to the energy sector serving
oil and gas exploration, production, and power
Clean Harbors' Safety-Kleen subsidiary is a leading
North American used oil recycling and re-refining, parts
washers and environmental solutions company for small
quantity waste generators supported by the largest
re-refining capabilities to convert used oil into base
and blended lube oils. Safety-Kleen provides a broad set
of environmentally-responsible products and services
that keep businesses in balance with the environment.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors
has waste disposal facilities and service locations
throughout the United States and Canada, as well as
Mexico and Puerto Rico.
What We Offer
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits
including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, Employee
Stock Program, generous paid time off, tuition
reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work
environment and require a pre-employment drug screen.
All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security
background checks, and some positions may require
pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests
SUMMARY PARAGRAPH OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The InSite Compliance Technician is responsible for
supporting a customer's regulatory inspection processes.
Lead a team of Compliance Specialists in the successful
execution of regulatory assessments and audits. Assist
the InSite Compliance Manager and InSite Program Manager
in ensuring site operational continuity.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
following policies, processes, and acting in a safe
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by
manner at all times.
compliance audit program including hazardous and medical
- Assist InSite customer develop, implement and manage
waste management and laboratory chemical hygiene.
inspection procedures for HWAA Inspections, Laboratory
- Train Compliance Specialist on all compliance
Inspections, Utility Area Inspections and Hazardous
Waste Tank and Line Inspections.
specialist to confirm that inspection procedures are
- Execute internal assessments of the compliance
and Program Manager, coordinate and schedule weekly
- Set monthly goals in conjunction with InSite customer
inspections and prioritize inspection workloads.
to hazardous waste management, waste tank management and
- Provide regulatory support to customer EHS, pertaining
offsite disposal and reporting.
onsite and identify issues of noncompliance, employee
- Perform assessment of Clean Harbors InSite Operations
safety and efficiency; Work with InSite Program Manager
and if needed Clean Harbors H&S to provide corrective
and make recommendations to customer to drive continuous
- Analyze compliance inspection results to find trends
and DOT modules; Provide additional training modules and
- Train InSite Services staff each month on RCRA, OSHA
presentations pertinent to DTSC requirements.
communicate Clean Harbors InSite Services onsite
- Interact with client and regulatory agencies to
procedures; Provide site knowledge and understanding
during regulatory audits.
recommendations and meet client goals.
- Assist customer with special projects, make
in preparation for county or state inspections.
- Prepare and maintain client's compliance documentation
Compliance Manager for InSite Services Operations
- Serve as backup to Program Manager and InSite
providing managerial support and assistance.
for Clean Harbors in assisting the customer's changing
- Assist Program Manager in developing new opportunities
Clean Harbors SOPs are being followed. Update SOPs if
- Observe InSite personnel verifying that all internal
any procedure changes are needed.
identify issues involving noncompliance of hazardous
- Execute audits in laboratory and facility spaces to
waste, chemical hygiene, and laboratory safety.
to time by management and will be required by the needs
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time
of the Clean Harbors business.
The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and complexity of the work being
performed by personnel assigned to this classification,
and do not represent an exhaustive list of all tasks,
duties, and responsibilities required of personnel
assigned to this position. It does not prescribe or
restrict the work that may be assigned.
In a environmental studies or related field
5 or more years of related experience.
5 years environmental services industry experience
including a minimum of 2 years experience in a
compliance management capacity.
- 40 Hr OSHA , 8Hr OHSA Refresher
- Fed RCRA
- Title 22 - California Only
- CMWMA - California Only
regulations including: EPA (RCRA; SARA/CERCLA and DOT.
- Excellent working knowledge of Federal, and State
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Employee management and mentoring skills
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication
- Proficient in Windows based applications.
- Strong Customer Service Skills.
- Technical/Manufacturing process knowledge.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of CHES H&S Procedures
stand, walk, stoop, bend, lift and wear PPE (e.g.
- Candidates for this position must be able to climb,
hard-hats, safety glasses, tyvek suits and respirators).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer
# of Openings : 1
Req. Code : 29781
Clean Harbors Environmental Services - 5 months ago