CITGO Refining & Chemicals is seeking individuals who can provide expertise as an Inspector that will support our ongoing operations and maintenance at the Corpus Christi Refinery.
Equal Employment Opportunity
High school diploma or GED required, plus six years experience in inspection of refinery or chemical fixed equipment.
API 510 and 570 certifications (UT, PT, VT) required.
Strong computer skills are a plus.
Must be able to perform both visual and specialized non-destructive testing, document conditions of equipment in written reports.
Must have a working knowledge of Inspection codes and the ability to become certified under API codes as applicable.
Candidates must be able to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credentials Card)
The Maritime Transportation Security Act requires all persons who will need unescorted access to a regulated facility to have a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC), issued in accordance with the rules established by the United States Coast Guard and the Transportation Security Administration. Candidates selected for employment must meet eligibility criteria to obtain a TWIC card.
The following link lists the eligible criteria for all persons trying to obtain a TWIC card: https://twicprogram.tsa.dhs.gov/TWICWebApp/
*CITGO is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
- Position must lead a team of contract inspectors to complete and ensure compliance with API code inspections during on-stream, turnarounds and equipment outages.
- This position is responsible for conducting visual inspections, and nondestructive testing on refinery fixed equipment such as: pressure vessels, piping, heat exchangers, tanks and heaters to evaluate and report on their physical condition.
- Develop repair plans for fixed equipment complying with industry code requirements (API, ASME, NBIC).
- Must apply API inspection codes, National Board Inspection Codes and ASME codes as appropriate in the performance of inspections and write reports describing condition of equipment
- Analyze inspection data, operating parameters and inspection equipment history of fixed equipment to determine remaining life, set inspection intervals, damage mechanisms, and determine the timing of required repairs or replacements.
- Identify, plan and implement turnaround inspection scopes for refinery operating units.
- Develop and execute refinery reliability programs to ensure equipment mechanical integrity.
CITGO Petroleum Corporation - 19 months ago
From the get-go CITGO Petroleum has been refining and marketing petroleum products, including jet fuel, diesel fuel, heating oils, and...