The opportunity has arisen for an Inspector to join this global organization which respects diverse perspectives, experiences, and traditions as essential, and values each employee's contribution toward achieving our business objectives.
• To perform, by specified methodology, visual observation, volume measurement, temperature measurement, and sampling of commodity materials contained or conveyed in lines, barge tanks, ship tanks, rail tanks, shore tanks, and other vessels.
• Attend commodity material movements involving line and tank transfer or displacement, lightering, and loading and unloading.
• Communicate and coordinate with terminal, transport, and Company personnel to promote smooth exercise of duties assigned.
• Monitor the availability of the supplies needed for the above processes, and to make any needs for such supplies known to the Dispatcher or Coordinator.
• Perform routine equipment calibration, verification, and function checks.
• Organize and coordinate tasks so that services are rendered, and reports and samples are submitted, in a timely manner.
• Maintain work areas, records, and equipment in a clean, organized, and functional condition.
• Verify and communicate the results obtained, and to make the entries into the appropriate media, whether print or electronic, required to ensure the validity and traceability of the information.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to grasp basic mathematics concepts and be trainable in the practical aspects of the job.
Intertek offers a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k) with company matching, tuition reimbursement, and a generous paid time off package.
Intertek - 15 months ago
Intertek is a nosy nellie when it comes to product safety and international trade. The company, a leading provider of testing and inspection...