Triumph Actuation Systems - Connecticut |
designs, manufactures and repairs highly complex components for the aerospace industry. We have an immediate need for an Inspector in our Bloomfield, CT operation. We are a very stable and profitable company with an excellent benefit package. If you are looking for an opportunity where your individual contribution is rewarded and you have a background in aerospace manufacturing then we are looking for you.
Job Summary: Assures product quality and cost effective equipment operations by utilizing a specialized combination of skill, knowledge, communication, and technical/mathematical ability.
1. Assures product quality and manufacturing accuracy by properly using inspection equipment.
2. Maintains product quality documentation by keeping accurate records and files.
3. Maintains equipment by following manufacturing procedures and process specifications. Reading, interpreting aerospace blueprints and GD&T.
4. Ensures that equipment conforms to standards by correctly reading blueprints and applicable specifications.
5. Has knowledge in the use of all types of standard inspection measurement equipment, such as micrometers, dial bore gauges, internal and external thread gauges, use of sine plates and indicators.
6. Contributes to cost-effective operations by troubleshooting equipment and obtaining quotes on new or replacement parts and/or equipment.
7. Solves problems by working closely with customers and/or suppliers.
8. Contributes to team effort by maintaining a positive attitude.
9. Complies with all company policies and procedures.
Job Requirements :
Physical Limitations: Work may require lifting, pulling, and carrying up to fifty (50) pounds; frequent bending, climbing stairs, and reaching; sitting for up to twelve (12) hours per day; standing up to twelve (12) hours per day, and occasional travel. This position requires strong verbal communication skills and the ability to apply geometry, trigonometry, and calculus skills to solve work-related problems and calibrate equipment.
Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma.
Minimum Years of Experience Required: Three (3) years in a aerospace machine shop environment, Quality Assurance experience preferred. CMM experience is a plus.
Key Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Technical/functional knowledge
6. Decision making
2. Customer contact
7. Problem solving
8. Detail oriented
5. Mathematical ability
9. PC skills
10. Ability to learn and understand; follow directions
Equal Opportunity Employe r M/F/D/V
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Triumph Group, Inc. (Triumph) designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs, overhauls and distributes aircraft components, such as hydraulic,...