The basic function of this position is to perform routine inspection, testing and preventative maintenance of SimplexGrinnell product line, as well as, similar competitive product line inspections, while working under close supervision of a more senior inspector.
- Carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds. The inspector will work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces above ceilings, etc. Must adhere to and follow safety guidelines and policies at all times.
- Complete Service Acknowledgment with proper coding through communicating devices, such as laptop computers and/or hardcopy. Obtain customer signature upon completion of assigned calls.
- Perform inspections on SimplexGrinnell Building Systems and competitive equipment product lines, fire suppression equipment, emergency lighting equipment, and all other assigned systems.
- Make minor repairs and programming changes while under direct, authorized supervision (minor repairs are defined as total repair time not to exceed 20 minutes or as directed by management).
- Professionally represent the Company at all times including: wearing a clean, company provided uniform daily; maintain good grooming and personal hygiene habits, maintaining effective communication with customers and coworkers.
- Responsible for meeting customer expectations while performing quality inspections.
- Effectively and professionally interact with customer.
- Follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule. Complete assigned inspections on time.
- Be proficient in inputting, retrieving and archiving inspection documentation program via laptop computer. Maintain all SimplexGrinnell manuals, vehicles, tools, equipment, etc. in accordance with Company procedures and policies and in a professional manner.
- Properly complete all reports, such as, mileage and monthly vehicle reports, as well as, the maintaining of adequate inventory levels within assigned inspection vehicles in like new condition.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Highschool diploma required
- Two year Associate degree in a technical field, such as electronics or electricity, or equivalent desired.
- Requires a minimum of one year of directly related experience servicing industry related equipment.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers to include Windows XP/7.
- Must be proficient in the use of test equipment, such as multimeters, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters, and communicating devices, is required.
- Fire suppression experience helpful.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets Company requirements.
- Must have excellent communications skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers.
- Must obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and local codes. Must possess and retain NICET Level I certification within nine (9) months of hire.
Installation & Service
Apr 30, 2013
Tyco - 15 months ago
We have a passion to protect what matters most.
We are the world’s largest fire and security company, and we are providing vital...