The Installation Technician II is responsible for implementing EMS Arcadia IT and A/V project designs at the client site. The Installation Technician must have a strong desire to leverage their technical skills, their communication skills and teamwork with other departments. They must work closely with Project Managers, Client Support, Engineering, Training, and the Clients to ensure the EMS installed systems maintain the highest quality and maximize customer satisfaction.
This is an intermediate level position. This role is an extension of the Installation Tech 1 role. However those in this position will have the ability to work more independently.
Cable pulling and AV equipment installation, including rack assembly
Trouble shooting AV Hardware connections
Low voltage A/V projects in hospitality, surveillance, tele-data, or related fields
Maintain existing in-house A/V and data infrastructure
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Low voltage cable pulling and termination
- Video projection systems and video-conferencing configuration
- Travel Requirement – 75%
- 1-3 years related experience in Audio-Visual systems installation in commercial and/or residential environments
- Experience reading and interpreting wiring diagrams and system design drawings
- Crestron/AMX control systems experience a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position requires working in construction environments and occasionally on ladders and/or scaffolding
- Some work is performed overhead at or in ceilings
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently is required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Send resume & Salary Requirements to: HRD@ems-works.com
Education Management Solutions - 19 months ago