In a world where safety and dependability is more important than ever, Stanley Convergent Security Solutions, a division of Stanley Black & Decker delivers the products and solutions that government facilities, companies, professionals, and consumers count on to be safe when it really matters. Our passion for excellence is seen around the world in our disciplined operations, purposeful business growth, and loyal customer relationships.
At Stanley Convergent Security Solutions we design, install, service and monitor security systems that integrate intrusion, hold-up, fire, video surveillance, access control, and monitoring applications. With today's most comprehensive line of products, services, and technologies, we are the provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, residential and national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers, financial institutions and airports.
The Installation Technician installs intrusion, fire, CCTV and access control security systems in an expedient and efficient manner.
Key Result Areas:
- Installation and Customer Satisfaction 90%
- Administrative (Invoicing, Estimates & Record Keeping) 10%
This position reports directly to the District Service Manager or as dictated by the size of the branch office. This position may work closely with Customer Service Representatives, Sales Representatives and Customers. There are no direct reports in this position.
Direction of Others:
May need to provide direction and/or coordinate activities of Installers, Subcontractors, or others assigned to job site.
- Run electrical wiring in the alarm installation process in attics, crawl spaces and other confined spaces, which can include drilling, trenching, and aerial runs. Other tools may be used as required.
- Complete all wiring, connections and equipment installations ensuring that security systems are complete and satisfy customer and contractual requirements.
- Ensures the application of security equipment and devices is correct and proper in each unique situation.
- Assists and interfaces with the Installation Team Lead or Project Manager regarding on-site scheduling of work activities, timely delivery of equipment and milestone achievements.
- Conducts tests to ensure all newly installed systems and component devices are operational, including any telephone line connections to the Protection Net Center.
- Troubleshoots new system installations to ensure proper functioning and to ensure system meets local, county, state or federal codes; legal and/or insurance requirements.
- Delivers appropriate system documentation for PNC monitoring/branch records.
- Interfaces professionally with all customers and ensures customer is well informed at all times.
- Completes miscellaneous tasks as assigned by supervisor such as job site clean-up, etc.
- Presents a professional image both in personal and vehicle appearance, and performs work assignments in a safe manner and within specified cost limits.
- Promotes, builds, and maintains good customer relations and assists with contract retention.
- Keeps supervisor informed of customer needs, requirements, system status and actual or potential customer problems.
- Maintains company propriety and documentation in accordance with established policies; handles proprietary information in the prescribed manner; adheres to and supports Stanley Convergent Security Solutions, Inc. policies and procedures including all safety requirements.
- Uses current material/inventory in a responsible manner and recommends inventory requirements.
- Keeps abreast of changes and new developments in products and technology. Attends and completes training programs as requested.
- Perform job responsibilities as listed above on a consistent basis.
- Properly document installation issues, actions and/or resolutions both internally and externally (Examples include: site visit reports, acceptances forms, service tickets, etc.)
- Effectively communicate and work as a team with district departments and other company personnel.
- Install jobs at or below total direct cost in a timely and efficient manner.
Washington, Oregon and Oklahoma. Check with local branch for licensing requirements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Vocational/Technical Degree in electrical, security or computer systems preferred
- NICET Certification preferred
- Lenel, Pro-Watch, Software House, Pitcher Perfect certifications preferred
- The following states require specific state licensing requirements:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience installing and/or servicing intrusion, fire alarm, access control and CCTV security systems.
- Bosch, Honeywell, Radionics, or DMP system knowledge preferred
- Edwards/EST, Simplex, or GE/Mirtone system knowledge preferred
- IP Video and IT experience preferred
Installers are required to perform the following duties on a consistent basis:
- Climb ladders that extend up to 24 ft. in height
- Carry items up to 75 pounds
- Operate hand tools at all angles
- Perform repetitive overhead tasks
- Work in attics, crawl spaces and other confined spaces
- Detail oriented, results driving with strong troubleshooting and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with clients
- Ability to meet deadlines, excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to operate power and hand tools safely
- Ability to read blue prints and schematics
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to interact in a professional manner, while identifying and satisfying the customer’s security needs
- Ability to meet deadlines and have strong time management and organizational skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work on-call on a rotational basis covering after hours & weekend emergency calls.
- A valid state driver’s license, without restrictions, is required for this position
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching, climbing and lifting of objects, and operating power tools and office equipment.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, use hands to fingers, handle, and feel
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, climb and balance
- Must be able to verbally communicate via telephone
- Must be able to manipulate a computer keyboard
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Must be able work with low voltage
- Must have good vision with the ability to adjust to focus and use close vision, with or without correction. Peripheral vision and depth perception are required for this position
In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
Stanley Security Solutions is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.
- Highly competitive salary
- Company Vehicle
- Company Cell Phone
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 401K with 50% Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid vacation, holiday, sick and personal days
- Educational Assistance
- Exceptional growth opportunities
FireAndSecurityJobs.net - 8 months ago
Stanley Convergent Security Solutions is now the official UK provider of Sonitrol products and services. Sonitrol's unique and sophisticated...