Baycom, a leading provider of two-way radio communications, is seeking Installation Technicians to join our team in Green Bay and Milwaukee Wisconsin!
The Service Department Installer is required to install communication and ancillary equipment in a variety of vehicle types. An Installer will assist other service personnel in supporting our customer's communication needs. This position ensures adherence to contract specifications and established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for installing mobile equipment such as, but not limited to, communication devices, base stations, antennas, and GPS systems in various mobile and fixed environments.
- Inventory and assemble parts and project equipment prior to scheduled work to ensure correct parts are available to meet the customer's expectations.
- Optimize site or vehicle following the installation to ensure equipment functions properly, perform programming or run diagnostics as needed.
- Responsible for trouble shooting installed equipment. Determine if failure is either equipment or installation related. Develop action plan and coordinate follow-up effort.
- Document all services rendered and parts used on service ticket for all customer engagements.
- Represent Baycom in a positive and professional manner.
- Responsible for maintaining an organized and clean work area &/or vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Requirements:
- MECP basic certified within 90 day probation.
- Read and understand electrical schematics.
- Understand basic vehicle electronics.
- Understand AC/DC electronics.
- Basic computer and networking knowledge.
- Ability to solder well.
- Remain current on technologies, troubleshooting & product knowledge.
- Documentation skills in products used for customer deliverables (Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook).
- Fundamental internet and computing skills.
- High energy level required.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and occasional travel as needed to support the business.
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Baycom, Inc - 14 months ago