Primarily focused on front line customer contact. Perform and learn a variety of duties pertaining to cable television installation in customer’s homes, from the tap to the television set. In addition to handling changes of service, additional outlet installation, disconnection of service, payment collection and any special requests customers may have in regard to installation. Basic troubleshooting from the tap to the customer premises equipment may also be performed.
• Generate additional company revenue through effective sales techniques and by offering information about product options , sales campaigns and promotions.
• Makes customer drop installations (exterior and interior) complete from tap to antenna terminals on customer equipment in both single and multiple unit dwellings, including pre-wired units.
• Performs new connects, reconnects, requested and non-pay disconnects; adds outlets; installs and/or removes converts; performs upgrades and downgrades of service.
• Analyzes picture quality and judges acceptability of picture delivered following installation of cable service.
• Manipulates connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand tools.
• Uses customary CATV hand and power tools in performance of job duties.
• Completes appropriate paperwork functions as prescribed by system management.
• Reads signal levels through use of field strength meter; adds and subtracts levels in installation problems; installs connectors on different types of drop cable; maintains proper clearances; installs tap-off devices.
• Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap and climbers), ladders or other structures as needed. Lifts and carries loads up to 75lbs (including line ladder); Works within limited confines, such as crawl spaces.
• Properly uses, stores and maintains a VOM or DMM to check for “open” or “short” on line as well as AC and DC voltages.
• Reads general drop system layouts from blueprints.
• Inform customers of FCC Rules and Company policies as they pertain to customers.
• Drives Company vehicles in performance of job duties; uses bucket truck.
• Performs other duties such as clean-up and salvage of wrecked out materials; provides general assistance to other employees as directed.
• High school diploma or GED. Trade school training.
• 0 to 2 years experience.
• Valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record.
• Ability to interpret and correctly fill out various work order forms provided by the Company.
• Ability to interact with customers and co-workers; ability to communicate verbally.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions and at various heights.
• Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.