The SolarCity team is smart, dedicated to our clients, open minded, fun, and composed of the solar and renewable energy industry’s best talent. If you want to join a rapidly growing, award-winning company with plenty of opportunities for upward mobility, we invite you to apply to SolarCity.
SolarCity is seeking applicants to install residential grid-tied PV systems. In this position, the PV Installer will provide support to the crew lead of the installation team, communicate job status data to the operations management, and ensure the completion of installation of all solar arrays/systems. It is the responsibility of every Installer to ensure safe work practices for the SolarCity installation team.
• Pulling inventory for each installation job
• Pre-assemble job components in the warehouse
• Layout and assembly of solar modules / array and mounting hardware
• Mechanical/structural mounting of racking, modules and electrical equipment
• Electrical wiring of solar array/system (AC and DC)
• Document completion of completed installation
• Clean up of job site
• Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety
• Additional duties required as needed
• 1 year of roof work, general construction, or carpentry required
• Previous solar experience strongly preferred
• Must be able to lift 50lbs
• Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, ect)
• Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs, work on rooftops and able to work on your feet for long periods of time
• Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office programs
• High school diploma or GED required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
• Excellent customer service skills required
• Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal, driving and drug screen
• Must have a clean driving record (example- no DUI in the last 5 years)
• Must have a valid state driver’s license
• Thrive in a team environment
• Regular 40 hour work week and paid vacation/sick time
• Paid training with the nation’s leader in solar power and energy efficiency
• Full benefits including health, vision, dental insurance
• 401k plan and stock options
• Career path opportunities for top performers
SolarCity is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
SolarCity - 2 years ago
SolarCity Delivers Better Energy
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners,...