The individual will be responsible for the day-to-day research and analysis of various companies, which will require clear presentations of their findings through written, verbal and electronic communications. The individual will need to be a high energy, highly efficient professional with the ability to perform at times under pressure.
(Including specific Education and License requirements)
Individual filling this position should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required – Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field a plus.
- Strong desire to work in investment industry.
- 1-2 years comparable work experience a plus
- Proven analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well within a team, as well as follow through on projects independently.
- Must demonstrate a proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, and graphics) and the Internet.
- Series 7/63/86/87 licenses or willingness to obtain a plus.
- Strong communication, presentation and sales skills.
Support research analyst(s). Format, edit and write research reports as directed by Senior Research Analysts. Research market and industry trends and company specifics using trade magazines, local papers, government publications, and the Internet extensively. Maintain and update data in models, and create tables and graphs that clearly illustrate the information. Responsible for regional research distribution; both internally and externally. Compile and publish Daily Research Notes, a daily highlight of new information on companies covered.
May assist analyst(s) in: Formulating and issuing opinions and recommendations on securities and companies in one or more industry groups; Preparing reports, opinions, recommendations and statistical data for dissemination to firm clients and the investing public; Answering inquiries from customers, personnel of the firm, and the general public regarding individual securities or industry groups.
Davidson Companies - 13 months ago