In 1924 MFS® established the first mutual fund to help make the US stock market more accessible to the average investor. Today, that commitment to investors remains evident in everything about the firm. At MFS® we hire talented individuals and allow them to work together. Office doors are always open, and everyone is on a first-name basis. We believe the best ideas emerge from a culture of collaboration.
Serve as the link between institutional portfolio managers and the MFS Investment Team on various projects. Using discretion and judgment, interpret, create and provide analysts' and PM perspectives to the IPM team in both quantitative and written form, while also sharing the IPM (client perspective) views to MFS investors. The investment team initially includes equity and quantitative solutions globally, while over time fixed income assignments, given capacity, could also be likely.
Principal Responsibilities :
1. Serve as the link between IPMs and fundamental analysts/PMs on various projects.
2. Initial focus will be on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG):
a. Take leadership role in identifying and discussing with investment and distribution teams key current and likely future ESG issues globally.
b. Bring a fundamental analyst's perspective to the IPM team while effectively communicating the IPM and client perspective and needs to the various investment teams.
c. Help the firm craft policies with respect to portfolio risk reviews, limits and communication regarding ESG.
d. Work with analysts and PMs on the fundamental analysis of specific ESG items identified by third party partners and/or clients.
e. Assist with ESG analysis of MFS portfolios on an on-going basis.
f. Liaise with proxy voting.
g. Acts as the in-house expert on ESG globally and other designated areas of expertise for the Institutional Portfolio Management team , potentially including client contact on ESG subject matter.
3. Coordinate written communication and various presentation components to clients:
a. Facilitate global investment professional communication within and across sectors, style, and market cap categories.
b. Generate written deliverables so that both IPMs and analysts can focus on their primary roles.
4. Long-term focus will be to take a leadership position in identifying other areas where more fluid IPM/analyst/PM interaction can lead to a better experience for our clients and our employees.
5. Performs additional duties involving the description and analysis of the MFS investment process as directed by various managers of the IPM and broader marketing teams.
1. Multiple years (5-8 yrs) of experience on the investment buy side; MFS experience preferred.
2. Strong fundamental research skills.
3. Demonstrated ability to facilitate research collaboration and communicate across geographies, sectors, style boxes and departments.
4. Ability to turn collaborative research into clear written deliverables.
5. Master of Business Administration degree, or equivalent international business experience.
6. Ability to work independently, using research, analysis, and communication skills.
MFS Investment Management - 21 months ago
Massachusetts Financial Services (aka MFS Investment Management) offers more than 50 mutual funds, as well as annuities, separately managed...