**OPEN UNTIL FILLED**
Supports the Office for Institutional Research and Assessment in data gathering, report preparation, data and statistical analysis, assessment activities, and related functions. The position supports the design, development, acquisition and operation of business intelligence/data warehouse systems (BI/DW).Reports to the Director for Institutional Research and Assessment, this is a full-time, 12 month, benefit eligible position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Gathers and compiles data and prepares reports for student academic outcomes, institutional information and effectiveness, and planning. Performs research and verification of data, creating, analyzing, and publishing reports using Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, the Banner administrative system, and/or other relational databases.
· Assists the College in meeting mandated reports and ad hoc information requests made by the State of Arizona, U.S. Department of Education, Arizona State System on Student Transfers (ASSIST), and other agencies.
· Develops and maintains systematic documentation of all projects including data files and applications developed for the office. Maintains documentation on information requests and reports completed including maintaining institutional records of the forms and reports completed.
· Designs, develops and documents approved databases, tables, views, stored procedures, and functions necessary to fulfill analysis.
· Designs, developments, and document for use in DW/BI systems used to collect, manage, analyze, and report data on faculty, staff, students, course, and other assets needed to meet reporting requirements at the College.
· Conducts continuing evaluation of systems and tools with regard to performance, effectiveness, and responsiveness to users' needs.
· Develops strategies that ensure integrity of data in all resources and provides guidelines and training that encourages their adoption and use; helps verify and reconcile source data for accuracy and consistency.
· Conducts user interviews for requirements gathering, evaluates user needs for analyses, defines business questions, and identifies data needs .
· Creates, coordinates, and implements test plans .
· Supports current data and reporting environment and helps transition to a new DW/BI environment .
· Consults with OIRA staff, and/or their appointed users, as requested on new and existing projects, as well as project feasibility studies.
· Mentors OIRA staff on technologies, databases, and institutional research and assessment topics.
· Performs other duties of similar nature.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of DW/BI concepts, technologies, installation, operation and maintenance. Knowledge and skill in requirements gathering, evaluating users’ needs, and defining business questions. Knowledge and skill using Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Access. Knowledge and skill in data extraction, database querying, and report generation. Knowledge and skill in quantitative research methods and statistical analysis. Knowledge of techniques and practices used to assess student learning in higher education settings. Knowledge and skill in data interpretation. Ability to identify findings within data sets and describe key findings in written narrative and written summary form within the context of contemporary higher education issues. Knowledge and skill in using software packages to develop and maintain web pages. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to work independently. Ability to working productively as a member of a team. Ability to work cooperatively with administrators, faculty, staff, students and the public. Ability to think critically and objectively. Ability to work under specific and tight deadlines. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Knowledge and understanding of data warehousing methodologies. Knowledge and experience in data modeling.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer information systems and three years of directly related experience such as designing, developing, and deploying Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse systems, writing object oriented programming code, experience in the systematic collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data, or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Coconino Community College - 13 months ago