Do you enjoy seeing patterns and trends in data…and explaining those patterns and trends to others? Have a keen eye for detail and a drive to analyze? Want to be part of a team charged with providing key University Administrators with the tools they need to make informed decisions? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment? If you’ve answered yes to these questions, the Institutional Research department at The University of the Rockies sounds like a great fit for you! Our office may be business casual, but we’re serious about our data. Are you?
The Institutional Research Analyst position is a full-time employment opportunity. The Institutional Research Analyst I supports the University-wide efforts to manage and maintain institutional data and reporting. This position will report to the Director of Institutional Research.
Essential Job Duties:
• Conduct the collection, analysis, and interpretation of selected institutional data, primarily repeat requests and tasks of an intermediate complexity.
• Interpret results and trends using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via descriptive statistical analysis.
• Under the direction of the Director of Institutional Research, respond to external data requests from governmental agencies and other associations; including IPEDS, national and state requests, accreditation and licensure requests, and other miscellaneous sources.
• Manage multiple requests/projects simultaneously to ensure deadlines are met.
• Assist with developing standard operating procedures to ensure data standards and supporting policies are followed to ensure data integrity for report creation and dissemination.
• Prepare reports with explanations and interpretations of data in tabular, graphical and/or narrative form
• Serve as a technical resource/consultant to other IR staff as well as other company personnel.
• Continuously seek out new methods of maximizing technology in analysis and planning.
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Must possess extensive experience writing complex queries in SQL Server 2008, & T-SQL, as well as experience with MS Access
• Experience with Tableau
• One to three years experience working in a full-time position within an institutional research office
• Demonstrated expert level spreadsheet, database and statistical software skills, as well as high level word processing and internet research skills.
• Knowledge of research design and statistical methodologies in education, and the social sciences.
• Ability to organize and present complex, technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences including ability to produce interactive (on-line) reports
• Keen attention to detail with strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to regularly work independently utilizing discretion and independent judgment over matters of significance in a fast paced environment and possess the reasoning, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills necessary to work with teams of various university constituents.
• An exceptionally high degree of responsibility, creativity and latitude is required.
• Experience and expertise with XML, VBA and CampusVue.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (i.e., computer science, psychology or other social sciences) AND a minimum of one year experience in a college or university setting utilizing institutional research skills is required; Master’s degree is greatly preferred.
: This opportunity of employment will require
a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a
criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification
of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional
reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an
offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify.
To learn more please visit
Physical Demands: While performing
the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms
and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer
keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is
frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to
interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
Communication Skills: While performing Duties
of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions,
correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective
and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in
one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing
duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated
with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee
will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work
situations, grasp and apply new ideas,
communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to
apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing
duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment,
and the noise level is usually moderate to loud.
University of the Rockies - 9 months ago