Do you enjoy seeing patterns and trends in data…and explaining those patterns and trends to others? Have a keen eye for detail and a drive to analyze? Want to be part of a team charged with providing key University Administrators with the tools they need to make informed decisions? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment? If you’ve answered yes to these questions, the Institutional Research department at Ashford University sounds like a great fit for you! Our office may be business casual, but we’re serious about our data. Are you?
The Institutional Research Reporting Intern position is a part-time, temporary employment opportunity. The position supports the University-wide efforts to develop, manage, and maintain institutional research projects, surveys, and data reports.
Essential Job Duties:
• Assist in coding, data extraction and compilation, interpreting results and trends using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via descriptive statistical analysis to complex analyses.
• Assist in documenting existing views, tables and report definitions in a department data dictionary.
• Assist the department in research through literature, data pivots, report writing and PowerPoint presentations.
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Exposure to the roles and responsibilities of an Institutional Research office to include the project consultation process, attending meetings with stakeholders, clarifying data needs and requirements, conducting needs assessment, presenting and communication of information in non-technical terms, and completion of survey training processes.
• Completion of special project(s) as assigned that contributes to departmental objectives and the intern’s interests while creating additional growth opportunities for intern.
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• An interest in research and surveys is required, to include report generation and dissemination, descriptive and inferential statistics, longitudinal data analysis, and interpretation of findings. Understanding of research and survey research methodologies is highly preferred.
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• A keen attention to detail with strong written and oral communication skills and a high degree of responsibility, integrity and creativity is required.
• Experience in higher education.
• Work experience in a corporate environment.
• SQL, SAS/SPSS experience and proficiency.
• Enrolled in a Bachelor’s or advanced degree program in a related field (i.e., research in social sciences, psychology, or higher education).
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify. To learn
more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed a t 2011 AU Campus and Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...