The City University of New York (CUNY) is the nation's leading urban public university serving more than 480,000 students in a wide range of educational programs at 24 colleges and institutions in New York City.
Manages College institutional research programs and studies related to the College's mission.
- Develops relevant, timely and accurate institutional information to administrators, the college community, the external community, and external agencies.
- Defines and implements research studies, designing and conducting data analyses and analyzing and interpreting results.
- Researches, develops and recommends policy analyses relevant to anticipated institutional planning, policy, and decision-making needs.
- Participates in college-wide strategic planning, institutional effectiveness and outcomes assessment tasks.
- Respond to data, table and report requests from college constituencies.
- Manage surveys, questionnaires and other data-gathering instruments administered by the Office.
- Manages a library of institutional planning and research documents.
- May consult with faculty and students in the design of databases for research projects
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Institutional Research Manager
Higher Education Associate
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Senior Associate Provost, the Senior Data Analyst supports the research and assessment functions related to accreditation, academic program reviews, and integrated processes to achieve institutional effectiveness.
In addition to the duties above this position will:
- Manage the collection, analysis, and interpretation of statistical data.
- Provide decision making, analytical support, and technical advice in areas of survey research, design, and evaluation.
- Seek new methods of maximizing technology in analysis and planning.
- Improve the process of coordinating and responding to internal data requests.
- Enhance internal and external reporting and analytical capabilities.
- Respond to specific external data requests, in collaboration with the Director of Institutional Research.
- Work with Information Technology and Institutional Research to support a data infrastructure that enables effective decision making and assessment.
- Assist in the communication of research results to the college community.
- Serve as a technical resource/consultant to the Senior Associate Provost and staff.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' relevant experience required.
Candidates must have a minimum of six years of experience in data analysis in a higher education environment; extensive knowledge of computer data bases and querying tools, assessment instruments, and cost/benefit analysis; exemplary oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated record of delivering clear and concise material to diverse audiences; proficiency with ERP systems; and familiarity with systems currently in use in CUNY such as PeopleSoft (CUNYFirst), Oracle reporting functions, and student information or enrollment software.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions. If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to
and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
Open until filled with the review of applications to begin 04/05/13.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
InsideHigherEd.com - 15 months ago