Responsible for assisting with instructional tasks in a laboratory setting to assist the teaching staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
- Administers classroom tests to student with disabilities
- Diagnoses needs of students and gives instructions needed to remedy deficiencies in specified discipline
- Helps students with studying
- Responds to technical needs
- Supports and Coordinate activities with faculty
- Coordinates and schedule lab usage
- Prepares and maintain classrooms for applicable learning activities
- Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
- Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through the Tarrant County College ( TCC ) Institute
- Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
- Associate’s degree or 60 college hours from a regionally accredited college or university
- * Courses in the specialized field or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Two (2) years of work experience
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with computerized systems
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Information Systems from a regionally accredited college or university
Courses in information technology/information systems or equivalent knowledge and experience
Ability to assist students at various levels of computer skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and listen. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires color and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Special Instructions Summary
Candidate must be able to work evenings until 8 p.m. Flexibility in the work schedule may be required.
Proposed hours are Tuesday – Thursday from 4 – 8 p.m., and Friday from 12 – 7:30 p.m.
Candidates chosen for interviews will be required to demonstrate their customer service, technical and tutoring skills.
Tarrant County College - 16 months ago