Coordinates and manages a specified laboratory in direct support of the instructional program. Exercises considerable discretion and independent judgment. Duties involve considerable student or instructor contact. Instructs and supervises students.
1. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related field.
2. Teaching experience and supervisory experience.
3. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
4. Acceptable eyesight (with/without correction aid).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of the disciplines assigned.
2. Knowledge of the rules, regulations and procedures of the area of assignment.
3. Ability to communicate effectively orally, in writing, and in front of groups.
4. Ability to deal effectively with students, faculty and supervisors.
5. Ability to teach effectively.
6. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
Career Service Grade 14
$37,904 per year
Minimum Physical Qualifications
Initial Work Schedule/Location:
Some evenings and Saturdays required.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred; experience working in a learning support center required
Essential Job Functions:
1. Plans, develops, organizes, and coordinates activities to support implementation of specified instructional programs and labs.
2. Develops lab syllabi and selects/develops lab exercises, where required.
3. Supervises student procedures, monitors student progress and reviews lab assignments for correctness and
completion. Answers students questions about subject matter.
4. May administer theory and lab tests, establish criteria and assign lab grades, where required.
5. Assists in teaching six credit hours or equivalent per term, where required.
6. Provides instruction and/or demonstrations to orient students to the use and care of lab equipment and supplies.
7. Hires, evaluates and supervises student laboratory assistants.
8. Maintains inventory and appropriate storage of supplies and equipment; reorders supplies when necessary.
9. Maintains equipment and recommends purchases.
10. Maintains laboratory budget, where required.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Licenses, Certifications, or Registrations:
Special Instructions to Applicants
For consideration, the following is required: a completed Valencia College on-line employment application, learning-centered statement, unofficial transcripts, cover letter and resume.
If you are a current Valencia College employee with a learning centered statement, transcripts and resume on file, this information is still required to be submitted with the application in order to finish the process. Please limit the size of your document to less than 2 MB in PDF format.
It is the applicant's responsibility to have any foreign transcripts evaluated prior to submission through an authorized evaluation service such as World Education Services.
During the online application process, you will be required to provide a response to specific questions to complete the application process.
All letters of reference must be attached at the time of application.
Valencia College - 23 months ago