Instructional Coach - Helena or Blytheville (Arkansas)
About KIPP Delta Public Schools:
The mission of KIPP Delta Public Schools is to create and support schools that empower students from underserved communities to develop the knowledge, skills, and character traits necessary to pursue a college education and a life of value, joy, and integrity.
We are a growing network of schools offering a free, college-preparatory education to children in the Arkansas Delta. Across our four schools in Helena and Blytheville, we currently serve over 1,120 students and 80 alumni.
The Instructional Coach will report to the Managing Director of Academic Services and will serve as a critical member of the Leadership Development team. The Instructional coach will be charged with coaching teachers to improve their instructional practices and thus improve student outcomes. S/he will provide expertise in their designated content area as they work to develop and fulfill a vision for excellent teaching and learning within that content area across the K-12 continuum. The Instructional Coach will perform regular cycles of observation, feedback, and coaching with a cohort of teachers, and s/he will also facilitate large group professional development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Improve instruction through a regular cycle of observation, feedback, and coaching:
Work with a cohort of teachers to provide regular observation, feedback, and coaching that is grounded in the KIPP Framework for Excellent Teaching
Develop new tools and methods to increase the impact of observation, feedback, and coaching as needed
Work with school and regional leaders identify and support teachers with a critical need for additional coaching
Develop and fulfill a vision for excellent teaching and learning within a selected content area:
Develop a vision and plan for excellent teaching and learning that acknowledges established KIPP Delta practices while pushing for new and/or innovative ways to improve the quality of student outcomes
Work with other members of the Leadership Development team to continuously develop new and/or innovative ways to provide better instruction for all students across all content areas
Ground recommendations in data (both qualitative and quantitative) and research
Support teachers in planning and the development of enduring curriculum tools:
Conduct regular planning conferences with teachers in an effort to foster the adoption of best practices
Select and/or develop curriculum tools that can be used in an enduring manner, and ensure that they are shared and accessible for others to adopt
Proactively seek out resources from outside of the region, selecting and sharing those that will provide a positive impact for our schools
Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· At least 2 years of demonstrably successful K-12 teaching experience
· Experience in coaching and/or managing teachers
· Confidence and skill in delivering ample amounts of both affirming and adjusting feedback
· Strong communication skills
Traits and Qualities:
· Humility, self-awareness, and openness to giving, receiving, and acting upon feedback
· Strong interpersonal skills and track record of collaborating with diverse stakeholders
· Proactive, flexible, and creative problem-solver; ability to identify, analyze, and recommend solutions to problems
· Goal-driven, accountable, and reliable; Strong attention to detail and follow through
· Deep customer service ethic
· Unwavering belief in and passion for the mission of KIPP Delta Public Schools
· A commitment to continually developing the character strengths of grit, zest, optimism, self-control, social intelligence, gratitude, and curiosity in one’s self.
KIPP Delta - 14 months ago