The Instructional Techology Support position provides direct support to faculty using technology in a web-based environment and in the classroom.
Major Responsibilities and/or Classes to be taught
Functional and Supervisory Relationships
- Supports faculty in their teaching of on-campus and distance learning courses including development of instructional strategies, course materials, assessment techniques, and appropriate integration of instructional technologies.
- Develops, implements and delivers workshops designed to assist faculty in understanding pedagogical principles of technology-mediated learning.
- Supports production of course materials, technology, mobile learning deployment for on-campus and blended instructional modalities.
- Provides instructional design support and guidance to subject matter experts in the creation of online content.
- Participates in the ongoing development of instructional design services.
- Exhibits interest in instructional technologies that are both established and emerging.
- Provides support of faculty webpages.
- Creates video tutorials to assist faculty with instructional technology.
Reports to the Assistant Director for Instructional Technologies
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Working knowledge of learning and content management systems.
- Proficient with technology and computer applications (such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, Internet, e-mail, etc.).
- Working knowledge of applications for mobile devices.
- Demonstrated ability to meet project deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
Job Open Date
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Instructional Design or Web Development or closely related field.
- Experience with Blackboard Suite, including Collaborate, Content and Community as an instructor or instructional designer.
- Working knowledge with multimedia production software such as iMovie.
- Experience in web or graphic design.
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Application Types Accepted
FACULTY POSITIONS ONLY - How many recommendation letters will be required by the applicant?