JOB TITLE: Instructional Designer, HCM
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Non-Exempt, Temp
REPORTS TO: Director, Talent Management
POSITION OVERVIEW: This is a temporary assignment to create online and instructor-led training materials for the Human Capital Management (HCM) business system implementation.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (including, but not limited to)
REQUIREMENTS: (including, but not limited to)
- Partner with HCM implementation team and technical subject matter experts to analyze and interpret user requirements, technical specifications, application features, and functions to translate them into appropriate training formats and materials .
- Work cross-functionally to understand and apply specific department requirements and unique training needs.
- Analyze content, target audience, task, and learner environment to identify appropriate instructional strategies and define learning objectives.
- Design and develop custom technical training and post-training evaluation materials for HCM system implementation.
- Create training delivery plan that addresses remote audiences of varying technical experience and learning styles.
- Develop/design a program to support on-going training.
- Create and deliver training materials via train-the-trainer sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Adult Learning and Development, HR or similar. Equivalent work experience considered in lieu of degree.
- 4+ years instructional design experience, including design for distance learning.
- 2+ years’ experience developing technical training materials, (HCM/HRIS preferred).
- Working knowledge of adult learning theory and practical knowledge of media technology and instructional design theory.
- Proficient with MS Office programs and desktop publishing software.
- PHR (preferred).
- Experience with Ultimate Software (preferred).
In 1972, the first Sur La Table store opened in Seattle’s Pike Place Market. It was a place where serious cooks found a surprising...