GP Strategies is a global performance improvement company providing a full spectrum of custom training, engineering, environmental and support services. Our clients include leading Global 500 companies and government organizations. We employee more than 2400 professionals who are the best in their fields.
GP has an immediate need for an Instructional Design Intern.
Key aspects of the instructional designer internship is to understand our clients’ performance improvement needs, design effective training solutions within project budgets, lead the development team, and ensure the overall project quality and success.
- The successful intern will collaborate with GP Strategies team members, client sponsors, and subject matter experts (SMEs) to:
- Analyze instructional needs, define the course requirements, manage the project through the development process, and ensure instructional integrity.
- Apply instructional design techniques and methodologies to design interactive courseware and other supporting materials to ensure an effective learning experience for a variety of corporate audiences.
- Write course design documents, learning objectives, course content, scenarios, media scripts, practice activities, and posttests.
- Build effective working relationships with SMEs to efficiently gather content information and feedback.
- Conduct Alpha and Beta tests or other course evaluations, analyze feedback with the client and SMEs, and adjust the training as needed.
- Manage projects efficiently so that tasks are completed on time, problems are anticipated or resolved quickly, and team members are clear on project requirements and schedules.
Understanding of instructional design and performance improvement is required; as well as client facilitation, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills. Must display original thinking and creativity and excel at meeting challenges with resourcefulness and innovative ideas. Must enjoy working with teams in a fast paced, energetic environment.
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
GP Strategies Corporation - 2 years ago
Option Six wants to close the book -- the jargon-filled training manual, that is -- on boring educational materials. The company creates...