Posting Job Title: Instructional Designer
Requisition #: 140494BR
Posting Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Area of Interest: Human Resources
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a/an Instructional Designer for our HR Learning & Development Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
This hands-on position is responsible for the design, development and implementation of training solutions created for customer facing employees, supervisors and field partners. Project management including project planning, execution, measurement and follow up is essential. This position requires the Instructional Designer to work closely with their Learning Development & Inclusion partners, Training Delivery Leadership, Product Management teams, vendors and other business stakeholders to develop company-wide training courses that address corporate goals and objectives. To be successful, this individual must have solid experience designing and developing learning materials. Attention to detail while managing multiple projects is a must.
Essential Job Functions:
Design, develop and implement quality training solutions that are on-target, on-budget and on-time, working within a predefined process.
Control overall progress and quality of work and communicate project status to manager, the SMEs and team members on the project.
Establish and maintain high performing relationships with members of Learning Development & Inclusion, Training Delivery teams and TWC business leaders to ensure materials meet agreed-upon needs.
Manage training vendors when needed; including content quality, timelines and budget.
Maintain and grow knowledge of the training industry including new methodologies for behavior transfer including blended approaches using e-learning.
Act as a prime interface between Training Delivery Leadership, employees and vendors contracted (when needed) to develop and conduct training.
Maintain a deep knowledge of existing and new curriculum; this may include facilitating courses to gain knowledge.
Implement LD & I Learning Strategy.
Ensure quality checks are performed on all customer deliverables.
Develop detailed project plans including resources and timelines and manage to the deadlines set.
Collaborate with peers to determine standard metrics and evaluation processes used to measure the impact of training.
- Proven competency in instructional design with expertise in the development of blended learning within a corporate environment
- Strong project management skills applied in a corporate environment; experience in managing multiple design projects
- Ability to lead a project team, including gathering all resources, building the team, overseeing content development and managing timelines and budget.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with key decision makers in Human Resources; corporate and regional field operations
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Instructional Design or Instructional Technology with at least 1-2 years' experience in a corporate setting.
- Experience in all phases of the instructional design process, leadership development, and coaching techniques
- Ability to solve problems and think strategically while managing projects
- Ability to communicate effectively both written, verbally and persuasively with individuals as well as with small and large audiences
- Up to 30% travel
Experience in design/development of product training
Education and Experience:
Master's degree (M. A.) or higher. Must be in Instructional Design or Instructional Technology.
Yes, Travel 30%
No Supervisory responsibilities with this position.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00237 - Charlotte 7910 Crescent Exec
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable - 18 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...