For more than a decade, ASI Government (formerly Acquisition Solutions, Inc.) has served as a trusted advisor to government leaders seeking to improve mission performance, enhance organizational effectiveness, and drive strategic change. Our professionals are called in to help agencies deal with their toughest program and acquisition challenges, and we have a history of delivering results.
We hire the best and the brightest in the industry. Our people are skilled professionals with integrity, intelligence, and the motivation to make a difference. Best of all, we offer meaningful work, open communication, and a highly collaborative environment.
About the Position
We are currently seeking an Instructional Designer to become a part of the ASI Government Training Institute. The ASI Government Training Institute offers select, high-level training programs designed to transfer knowledge and develop skills needed to serve as business leaders in federal acquisition. The Instructional System Designer will work directly with clients and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop learning products for courses related to federal acquisition and project management. In this role, you will be responsible for engaging in the full instructional design and development cycle to include creating the training strategy, developing the course materials, and managing the project from analysis through delivery. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Applying ISD principles to the design and development of professional instructor-led training programs;
- Identifying and creating appropriate delivery methods to achieve desired performance including, but not limited to, instructor-led courses, eLearning, or blended solutions;
- Ensuring the instructional integrity of course development projects through systematic analysis and design concepts;
- Managing the training project, including creating and managing to schedule;
- Collaborating with clients, SMEs, and other stakeholders to develop course materials that translate their business requirements into performance and learning solutions;
- Developing and editing training materials including training slides, Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, exercises, case studies, and supplemental training materials;
- Supporting the ongoing assessment of instructional effectiveness for all existing and future courseware;
- Continuously improving, revising, and updating current training materials; and
- Helping to develop and document processes, templates and methodologies that enhance learning and streamline the development of learning and performance improvement solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Adult Education, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in the design and development of instructor-led instructional materials.
- Knowledge of and experience in the effective application of technology to improve teaching and learning.
- Proven proficiency in utilizing instructional design methodologies and adult learning theories.
- Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing MS Word and MS PowerPoint and with learning program design systems and software.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Ability to deliver on all stages of a project from start-up to finish within established timeframes.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Interactive and collaborative team player.
- Experience managing training development projects and to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Sensitivity to details and deadlines.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively.
- Understanding of federal acquisition is preferred.
Acquisition Solutions - 21 months ago