We are working with our client in identifying an Instructional Designer to design and develop technical training curricula for internal and external customers. You will address training courses address all levels of customers in the use of company products/services. You will also gather supporting technical documentation and develop ILT materials including course outlines, slides, workbooks, exams and trainer notes. You will be working with the engineering department to develop specifications for course content and assess needs for future course development.
Start Date: ASAP
- Create and update technical training materials to support multiple product implementations in the electric and gas utility industries
- Follow instructional design guidelines to create effective instructor-led training (ILT) materials
- Create appropriate knowledge checks and exercises
- Create evaluation tools and monitor results
- Ensure materials meet pre-established style guidelines and design templates
- Work with busy subject matter experts to meet tight deadlines
- Support trainers to use the materials to provide the most effective training
- Maintain the online library to ensure the most current materials are available and outdated materials removed
- Add content as needed to the Learning Management System
- Review and respond to results of Level 1, 2 and 3 evaluations
- Improve processes, guidelines, and templates to ensure effective training delivery, publication and content accuracy.
Duration: approximately a year
Location: Client located in Liberty Lake WA. Work will be mostly virtual, though you must be able to go onsite one time per week. Up to 10% travel is possible.
To be considered for this project, please send an email to Jflores@clarityconsultants.com with the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional design, Education, Technical Writing, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and graphics editing software
- Ability to understand complex technical content
- Strong research and investigation skills
- Detail oriented
- Background in Utilities, computer networks or network security software, a plus
- Experience with SharePoint, content management (CMS) or learning management systems (LMS), a plus.
1) Your resume
2) Respond to each bullet point listed under “Experience Requirements” with your relevant skills and experience.
Please include reference#6255 in the subject line.
Keywords: instructional designer, instructional design, LMS, SharePoint,
Clarity Consultants is the leading provider of consultants for corporate learning and development and technical communications.