• Advise Academic Affairs, Graduate Studies and the Center for Learning & Mentoring in developing and designing engaging and robust college-wide faculty development and professional training experiences that: infuse adult learning pedagogies into development and design; incorporate active and engaging activities and processes; model interactivity and sensitivity to multiple learning styles; and include high tech and high touch components.
• Utilize experience as a presenter and trainer and experience working with teams.
• Work collaboratively with faculty and professional staff to design and create effective, progressive learning opportunities for an adult student population.
MINUMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Master’s Degree in Education and/or Technology or in a program emphasizing curriculum development or educational technology. Will accept foreign equivalent degree
Three years of experience in an instructional design position in a higher education setting.
Must have previous experience in the following areas:
• Infusing adult learning pedagogies into curriculum development and design.
• Designing pedagogical objects by enlisting the active participation of faculty and students.
• Modeling interactivity and sensitivity to multiple learning styles.
• Working with high tech and high touch components.
• Presenting and training and working with teams.
• Knowledge and direct experience with ANGEL learning management system; Elluminate and Wimba synchronous web conference programs; Lotus Note Designer web site development program; and Lotus Note emailing and content management system.
• Experience with adult learning in a higher education setting.
Applications Due By: October 26, 2012
The college actively seeks to build a culturally diverse faculty and staff and offers multicultural learning and work environments. Empire State College supports all efforts to enrich our community through a steadfast commitment to excellence through diversity. Empire State College is an AA/EEO/IRCA/ADA employer.
SUNY EMPIRE STATE COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND EDUCATOR. IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION OFFICER AT (518) 587-2100. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Empire State College - 13 months ago