Monday - Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Experienced Instructional Designer to work closely with faculty to integrate best practices in developing technology-enhanced and blended courses. Will work with faculty and staff responsible for all aspects of the development, implementation and support for technology-enhanced learning including designing and developing print and web based user documentation and delivering workshops. Conduct research to identify potential applications for new and emerging instructional technologies. Provide project management support of faculty in course/program development processes, as appropriate. Work within the Center for Learning and Teaching to plan, provision and participate in opportunities for continuous faculty learning and professional development opportunities that support, promote, and enhance teaching effectiveness and student learning.
If you are interested, please submit cover letter, resume, a list of three job related references and salary requirements to Vicki Cowan, Director, Human Resources, Manhattan College, 4513 Manhattan College Pkwy., Riverdale, NY 10471 email- firstname.lastname@example.org or fax – (718) 862-7350.
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, instructional technology or related field
- A Master’s degree is highly preferred
- Online and/or traditional teaching experience in higher education as well as experience developing and delivering technical training sessions and workshops
- In depth knowledge of pedagogy, learning theory, course facilitation and assessment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills, exhibiting the ability to work with accuracy and reliability, manage details, handle multiple projects, set priorities, and to anticipate and address potential problems.
- A strong and proven commitment to customer service.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of course management systems and e-learning applications.
- Working knowledge of Moodle will be a significant advantage.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills with a track record of effective and logical writing of presentations, summaries, technical documentation, and technical support related explanations and responses for a variety of audiences