Want a company with a real vision?
Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can't achieve this vision without the right people - they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities - delighting our customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Store Support Group, you could play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives.
Today, PetSmart has over 1200 store locations, with many more scheduled to open soon. We continue to grow at our Corporate Headquarters which means great opportunities for a professional such as you!
Benefits of working with PetSmart
In addition to a competitive salary, PetSmart associates are eligible for health benefits, 401K options, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, training and development, and an associate discount at all PetSmart stores!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
This position reports to the Instructional Design Manager and is responsible for designing and developing learning programs and materials to ensure specific business goals are accomplished. The position includes internal and external client interface during the design and development phase of the ADDIE model on assigned projects.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
• Works collaboratively with Learning Solutions Managers, Instructional Design Managers, and Business Partners to determine and build appropriate training solutions, materials, and media.
• Develops a working knowledge of all aspects of the business and draws on the professional expertise of subject matter experts for content development.
• Creates a design document, including clear training objectives, prior to the development of new training materials or programs.
• Develops high quality, creative training documents, materials, and programs to support business needs for instructor-led and self-paced training delivery.
• Follows the ADDIE model and other key Department Processes.
• Manages all aspects of the design and development phases of assigned projects.
• Ensures content quality, accuracy, readability, and effectiveness.
• Meets with Instructional Design Manager to ensure project deliverables are developed on time and to standard.
• Demonstrates ability to work efficiently and professionally with internal and cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrates flexibility and is able to effectively manage changes in project scope, timelines, and priorities.
• When necessary, tests and pilots materials and programs to ensure that training needs and objectives are being met and the training design achieves desired results.
• Updates and modifies existing course materials based on best practices, policy/product/procedure updates, or for continuous improvement purposes.
• Responds in a timely manner to management with solutions to problems and requests.
• Maintains an understanding of the key business objectives, metrics and strategic plans of the organization.
• Ensures and maintains a high level of technical competencies to facilitate the development of cutting-edge learning materials.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Strong oral communication and creative, persuasive, and technical writing skills.
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills. Ability to identify, distill, and synthesize key concepts from complex subject matter.
• Strong computer literacy and technical expertise with word processing, graphic design and elearning authoring software. Must have experience with MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite 5 (CS5) and either Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate.
• Knowledge and experience developing elearning courses, creative concepts, scripts and storyboards.
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that demands high quality, creativity, and consistency.
• Must demonstrate excellent client service skills and have an upbeat attitude.
• Must possess a passion for learning and continuous improvement; must stay current with learning principles, trends and technologies.
• Must demonstrate an understanding of performance improvement processes.
• Must possess a Bachelor's degree in a related field.
• Must have three to five years related experience.
• Experience creating mobile learning programs and podcasts a plus.
• Knowledge of audio and video production and editing a plus.
Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder
Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
Print Job Details
Want to create a job search agent ?
Job Cart Directions
Interested in more than one position? Great! Instead of submitting multiple resumes, when you find a position that interests you, all you need to do is click on ADD JOB TO CART. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the positions you have added to your cart. When you are done searching, click on CHECKOUT & SUBMIT RESUME. If you have changed your mind and want to remove a position, you will be able to on the Resume Submittal Form, or click on CLEAR CART to start over. You are limited to selecting up to 5 jobs per location.
Check out &
PetSmart - 5 months ago
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...