Spectrum is seeking an Instructional Designer that will manage the overall development of educational training materials for instructor-led academic lessons, hands-on simulator/laboratory guides, self-paced Computer Based Training (CBT) and training videos for the aircrew training program.
Primary Job Responsibilities :
Required Skills and Experience:
- Lead Courseware Developer and provides ISD oversight and develops lesson strategies, instructional format, and presentation styles according to theories of instructional system design (ISD) and ADDIE.
- Collaborates with customer and subject matter experts for the production of learning objectives, educational content, training outlines, tests and measurement, and courseware evaluation methods.
- Manages development projects from initial planning, to the design, development, and implementation stages for all new academic materials.
- Oversees CBT/BRI development in production of web-based courseware. Provides inputs and for courseware modifications for quality improvement and implementation of best practices.
- Develops delivery schedule and ensures all milestones are met, attends customer meetings, maintains all required reference material, develops reports and meeting minutes, and supervises the courseware development team.
- Master’s Degree in education or related discipline with a minimum of 18 hours of undergraduate credit in the areas of instructional methodology, tests and measurements, educational psychology, curriculum development, or learning theory.
- Thorough knowledge of Instructional design as applied in Air Force Manual 36-2234 and Air Force Handbook 36-2235.
- Have attended the military ISD course, or civilian equivalent.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of adult learning theories
- Eight years’ experience in USAF CAT-CWD training development, curriculum development and computer based instruction.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a Top Secret clearance.
- Highly skilled manager of training development teams.
- Highly skilled communicator with senior level customers
- Manage highly sensitive government equipment
- Collaborative, flexible, and ability to work in a dynamic military environment.
- Portfolio or sample of lessons to demonstrate mastery of ISD.
- Advanced Windows software suite including Project, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Experience with Adobe Captivate, Adobe Flash, Articulate Storyline