Location: San Francisco, CA (Financial District: Montgomery & Clay)
Salary: DOE + excellent benefits + a bi-annual review and raise in compensation.
At Telmate, we’re building tools and services that help increase communication and education, while reducing recidivism to those incarcerated in secure facilities. Our products help those on the inside keep that vital connection to the ones they love on the outside.
Come be a part of a team that’s creating cutting-edge solutions for communication in a niche industry.
Telmate is seeking an Instructional Designer, responsible for creating materials and programs to train our customers on how to use our products. You will be responsible for creating screencast videos, e-learning modules, quick-reference guides, inline help content and manuals. Your materials will be used to train facility staff, inmates, and friends and family; each audience requires special consideration, and we encourage the development of friendly, easy-to-follow materials.
You will need to observe the usage of, and make use of our products in the office to orient yourself on how to best develop training materials. An eye for detail is a must, as is the ability to put yourself in the shoes of our customers. Keep in mind that you will be working with our development and technical writing staff in an Agile Scrum style.
Applicants must have an excellent combination of training and technical skills in order to successfully build materials and curriculum useful to our customers. Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Be a resourceful, self-driven problem solver
- Drive how product training is done for our entire product line
- Create a training roadmap, and lead us down the best path
- Develop polished training materials
- Assist in the effort to define standards/style guides for training material
- Develop a certification program for those that complete training
- On occasion, demonstrate our product to potential customers
- Able to travel up to 15%
- MUST HAVE 3 – 5 years’ experience designing training materials for Enterprise Software, SaaS, or VoIP product
- Skilled with Captivate, Articulate Presenter or similar presentation tools
- Experience in creating web-based training courses
- Experience with screen-casting tools, and basic video editing tools for the Mac.
- Strong Mac skills
- Proven, demonstrable successes
- Passionate communicator who excels in written and oral presentation
Telmate is the industry leader in providing unified communication, video conferencing, video messaging, SMS, online games, social networking, and academic advancement to secured facilities. We have offices in California and Oregon and bring advanced end-to-end solutions to government facilities of all sizes with nearly 200 installations across 40 states and 2 Canadian provinces. With a client footprint across the US and Canada, over 5 million users benefited from our product in 2012, and we have been growing by 40% every year for the last six years.
- Experience with VoIP or Video Conferencing product line
- Accreditation to a professional training body, TAP, IIT or CILD or other professional training body
- Experience working in support of government agencies and/or law enforcement
- Advanced editing, proofreading and composition skills
- Customer relationship management (sales, marketing and/or service)
- An eye for design and layout
Telmate - 14 months ago