"We will use our role as the area’s leading health insurer to provide affordable access to healthcare and to improve the health and wellness of our members."
Summary of Position:
Develops and maintains the on-line help application (Blue Help) and delivers associated reporting of same. Creates elements of computer based, blended and other on line training programs with a focus on the development of the content within these programs.
Essential Accountabilities – Other duties may be assigned:
* Ensures that help files are accurate and current. Maintains online access to functional/job related information contained within help files. Ensures that content is reviewed annually for updates and accuracy. Reviews and updates SOPs.
* Ensures effectiveness and availability of databases. Performs routine regression testing for ELM in conjunction with new releases or upgrades. Ensures that the Blue Help, Perception, etc. applications perform as expected; troubleshooting and resolving software issues. Communicates to KEG employees best practices for software, like Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat. Researches new technologies as the needs of the department change.
* Compiles weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports with Learning Facilitators evaluation for trend recognition. Ensures that online assessments are available to students on the Perception server. Queries the Facets database for specific criteria to generate sample scenarios.
* Develops elements of computer based training with an emphasis on implementation of a given design; analyzes, plans and creates visual solutions. Ensures that computer-based training modules are up to date with current standards. Updates computer-based training modules with new information as it becomes available.
* Collaborates with Instructional Designer on elements of computer-based training modules within Lectora, Fireworks, Captivate, Illustrator, Flash, etc; researches and purchases artwork that is considered too complex to be created in-house.
* Generates story ideas, interviews appropriate sources, writes, edits and lays out material to be published on Operations intranet sites. Writes technical materials and communications.
Principal Challenges – List the most typical and/or most complex problems or challenges faced in performing the job:
* Dealing with help files that will not open due to broken links or corrupted files.
* Ensuring that the approval process is adhered to, with timely turnaround.
* Developing the structure of a new help file to meet the needs of the audience, and organizing content of job-specific, technically-related material (e.g., employee handbook, medical policy, etc.).
* Creating effective and engaging training materials for an audience with broad range of skill sets and experience levels.
* Fully utilizing the capacities of various non-integrated software tools.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
Qualifications – The following qualifications are representative of the basic knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform this job at a satisfactory level. Reasonable accommodations may need to be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, handbooks and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Other (please specify)
Knowledge and Skills:
* Intermediate level keyboard skills.
* Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
* Intermediate level knowledge and skill in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
* Intermediate level knowledge and skill in the use of a variety of specialized software applications, including ActionScript, Fireworks, Lectora, Captivate, Illustrator, and Flash.
* Working knowledge of publishing to an IIS server.
* Intermediate level knowledge and skill in the use of RoboHelp preferred.
* Working knowledge of online development concepts, which includes understanding concepts related to online vs. paper documentation, and understanding Microsoft’s standards.
* Working knowledge of Information Mapping, including “chunking”, style guide design, online help text design, online help text development; understanding how and when to use decision tables.
* Excellent English language skills including grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Education and Years of Experience:
Associate’s degree from a college or university in computer science, English, technical writing, or other relevant academic field, with 1-2 years of experience in web development, technical writing assignments, Flash or any combination of education and experience providing the types and levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities required by the job.
Certification, Licenses, Registrations Required:
Physical Demands – The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.:
An incumbent in this job occasionally stands and walks, but spends the majority of work time sitting; using hands to finger, handle, feel, or key data; reaching with hands and arms; and making use of the abilities to speak and hear. May also climb and balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must be able to move or lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Required visual capacities include close and color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.:
Work is performed in an environmentally-controlled office setting, with no exposure to adverse conditions.