Job Description |
Instructional Developer II - 2643
Develop, deploy and maintain blended formal, informal and m-learning solutions that provide sales agents with the knowledge and skills needed to perform the requirements of their roles while maximizing their time to full job competency. This includes transforming learning requirements, objectives and recommendations into learning solutions (courses, classes, activities, events, applets, etc.) using a broad array of graphical editing, e-learning and m-learning technology. This includes the development of solutions encompassing product, compliance and job specific process knowledge; sales, service and customer retention skills, and knowledge of how to use and navigate various systems, tools, websites, etc. Learning solution design should follow an adopted instructional design model (ie. ADDIE, RAPID) and support deployment via various instructional methods (in person, virtual, social/mobile, performance support etc.). Learning solution maintenance should follow an adopted Reusable Learning Object (RLO) approach that conforms to the learning and organizational technology strategy and supported platforms.
Focus on the development of virtual simulations which incorporate audio, illustrated video, 3D graphics, avatars, etc. to simulate a job environment to ensure the performance based learning objectives are achieved. With guidance from senior team members and company Information Technology experts, compile solutions for deployment via the applicable technology platform for deployment via mobile/social learning component of Learning/Talent Mangement System, hosted third party platform, Intra/Internet site, etc.
· Develop new and maintain existing learning solutions based upon supporting instructional design documents and strategies. Produce high level development document which includes summary of technology to be used for development and deployment of solution and Reusable Learning Object (RLO) storage and maintenance strategy.
· Able to complete work independently throughout the applicable development stage of the instructional design model being adopted. Work with guidance from company IT and/or HRIS teams for the effective deployment of the solution while ensuring emphasis is placed on learner ease of access and usage.
· Establish, implement and maintain instructional development processes and standards that support formal (in person and virtual), informal, multi-media and m-learning solution deployment that include industry best practice recommendations which take into account technology platforms and IT maintenance.
· Able to complete work with guidance from senior team members or IT/HRIS team and recommend best practices.
· Scope, plan and manage the development of complex e-learning and m-learning solutions of an instructional design project which includes the incorporation of key IT and/or HRIS individuals within the company.
· Able to perform duties through mentoring/job shadowing senior team member on development projects which include multi-media and m-learning solutions of simple to medium complexity.
· Understand the features and capabilities of various virtual delivery, graphical editing, e-learning development technologies (Captivate, Adobe, Camtasia) and m-learning technologies (Android, tablet, web, smart phone, etc.) and the technical requirements needed to deploy, access and maintain the solutions for internal and external learners.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 6+ years equivalent work experience required
- Major area of concentration: Instructional Technology, Instructional Design, Digital Art, Web Design & Development, Graphic Design
- Must have completed training in instructional design and possess instructional design skills
- Proven ability to develop learning solutions utilizing complex multi-media tools such as (video illustration, 3D graphics, avatar simulations etc.)
- 6+ years of instructional development, adult learning theory, graphic design & editing, web design and development, and digital art
- Ability to independently develop instructionally sound interactive e-learning
- Ability to develop instructionally informal learning solutions for deployment via Blog, Wiki etc.
- Experience in using industry recognized graphic design, development, and animation tools
- Experience in using multi-media development tools including video production
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Completes projects/development in accelerated timeframes which includes multi-tasking, prioritizing and project management
- Instructional development tools: Captivate, Articulate, Perception, Adobe, Camptasia MS Office suite, etc.
- M-learning development and deployment platforms (Android, tablet, I-phone etc.)
- Work with all levels of the organization/relationship building/interpersonal skills
· Proven ability to deploy learning solutions using social information sharing outlets (i.e. Blogs, Wiki, etc.)
· Knowledge of 508 compliance and the ability to make design recommendations taking compliance guidelines into perspective
· Experience with Florida Blue products/industry a plus
· Knowledge of HTML, XML, Java Script, MPG, JPG file formatting a plus
Primary Location Jacksonville
Other Locations Miami, Lake Mary, Tampa
Organization Blue Cross Blue Shield of Fla
Posting Deadline Ongoing
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 22 months ago
Your Health Solutions Company
We’re here for the people of Florida with every aspect of their health and wellness—from the...