Are you passionate about online education? Do you have the desire to work alongside faculty in the academics department?
The Instructional Services Department impacts the online classroom on a daily basis. Not only do we work around faculty and other departments in Academic Affairs, we focus on high quality instruction in the classroom. In this position, you will work with Faculty members, Curriculum Coordinators, Executive Deans and Faculty Development Specialists to support, motivate, train, inspire, and encourage online instructors to provide students with a best in class education.
The Instructional Specialist I position is a full-time employment opportunity. Ashford University makes a difference in people’s lives through quality, caring, and innovation in higher education. As an active part of the Academic Affairs Department, Instructional Specialists support these three standards and help provide enriching learning environments for Ashford students. The Instructional Specialist team collaborates with members of each college in order to ensure that academic integrity and instructional best practices are maintained in the online classroom. Reporting to the Instructional Specialist Manager, the Instructional Specialist is a full-time position located in San Diego, CA.
Essential Job Duties:
• Monitoring and evaluating online courses to ensure that instructional best practice is maintained
• Provide instructors with constructive feedback
• Ensure student learning needs are met within the distance learning environment
• Investigate academic issues submitted by students, including grade appeals and other grievances
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• As an active member of the Academic Affairs Department of Ashford University, the Instructional Specialist is actively involved and accepts other duties as assigned.
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Experience with Distance Education preferred; teaching or management experience required
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint applications
• Proficient in database contact management applications and contact management strategies
• Ability to work both independently and within a team
• Ability to prioritize, schedule, and meet deadlines
• Effective problem solving skills
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills; ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy in all communications
• Appropriate professional demeanor with instructors, students, and colleagues
• E-College Platform experience preferred.
• Minimum of Master’s Degree required, preferably in Education
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional reference check; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended.
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed a t 2011 AU Campus and Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...