INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPORT TECHNICIAN II -- EXTENDED
Industrial Technology (Welding, Automotive Technology, Industrial Electronics/
August 19, 201 4
September 2014 (approximate)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of either three years of college from an acceptable accredited institution
- Two years of training/experience in the field to which assigned
- Must have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
Under direction, to perform a variety of instructional and clerical duties designed to free the instructor from routine, ancillary and preparatory work associated with an educational program or discipline. The focus of the duties is not only on assistance to the instructor but to the student as well.
Essential Functions :
- Orders, receives, issues and maintains supplies, tools and equipment
- Duplicates written materials
- Prepares classroom or laboratory setups
- Assembles demonstration materials
- Assists students on projects
- Performs clerical and record keeping functions
- Repairs equipment
- Keeps instructional areas clean and orderly
- Trains and oversees student assistants
Ability to :
- Role of the instructor in the educational process
- Fundamentals, terminology, techniques, materials and equipment used in the instructional area to which assigned
How to Apply : All applicants must provide the following items by the closing date in order to be considered for this recruitment. If materials are emailed or faxed in order to meet the deadline, it is the responsibility of the candidate to send originals immediately. Email to: HR@mccd.edu , Fax 209-384-6103
- Use, demonstrate and maintain the specialized materials, instruments, tools and equipment of the subject matter specialty
- Speak, read and write standard English
- Make difficult arithmetic computations
- Work somewhat independently and knowledgeably in the field to which assigned
- Cooperate with others.
1. Obtain application from the Office of Human Resources or download from the Application Section below and complete the entire form.
2. Letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all required materials are in the Human Resources Office on the filing deadline. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
Application for Download
Classified Position Application [Word Doc 206k]
This application may be downloaded, saved to disk, and filled out using Microsoft Word 97 or higher. You may navigate the application blank by tabbing from field to field or pointing and clicking with the mouse. The blanks where information is to be filled in are non-printing characters. If there are additional pages in your application because of the information you included, that is OK.
All materials submitted in your application file become District property and will not be returned to you. Please send to:
Cathy Harris, Office of Human Resources
3600 M Street, Merced, CA 95348-2898
Individuals with disabilities may request any needed accommodation to participate in the application process. Please submit your request with your application to the Human Resources Office.
Interview Information : Those applicants deemed most qualified for the position will be invited to appear for oral interviews before a screening committee. Finalist interviews with district administrators may follow. A limited number of candidates will be invited to interviews. Expenses for travel and accommodations will be the responsibility of the candidates.
Employee Benefits: The District pays (with small contribution from employee) health, prescription, vision and dental insurance premiums for the employee and dependents. Life and income protection insurance premiums are provided for the employee only, as well as paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.
Condition of Employment: The selected candidate must be fingerprinted and tested for tuberculosis at his/her own expense prior to the start of employment. In addition, a medical examination will be required of the successful candidate at the District’s expense. The Immigration Reform Act of 1986 requires verification of the right to work in the United States. Applicant must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations. All classified employees, as a condition of employment, must become members of California School Employees Association or pay a representation fee in an equal amount to a charity agreeable to CSEA. All offers of employment are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
CommunityCollegeJobs.com - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard