Instructional System Designer
While reporting and working under the supervision of the Executive Director of the Training Institute, the Instructional System Designer will work directly with clients and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop learning products for courses related to Federal acquisition and project management. The Acquisition Solutions Training Institute offers select, high-level training programs designed to transfer knowledge and develop skills needed to serve as business leaders in federal acquisition. This individual will be responsible for engaging in the full instructional design and development cycle to include creating the training strategy, developing the course materials, and managing the project from analysis through delivery.
Distinguishing Characteristics and Qualifications
- Apply ISD principles to the design and development of professional instructor-led training programs;
- Identify and create appropriate delivery methods to achieve desired performance, including but not limited to instructor-led courses, eLearning, or blended solutions;
- Ensure the instructional integrity of course development projects through systematic analysis and design concepts;
- Manage the training project, including creating and managing to schedule;
- Collaborate with clients, Subject Matter Experts, and other stakeholders to develop course materials that translate their business requirements into performance and learning solutions;
- Develop and edit training materials including training slides, Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, exercises, case studies, and supplemental training materials;
- Support the ongoing assessment of instructional effectiveness for all existing and future courseware;
- Contiuously improve, revise, and update current training materials;
- Help to develop and document processes, templates and methodologies that enhance learning and streamline the development of learning and performance improvement solutions.
Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to serve as a role model for Acquisition Solutions' core value system in all interactions, both internally and externally. This includes:
Integrity - Is seen as a direct, truthful individual. Adheres to highly ethical standards of business conduct. Admits mistakes. Doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain. Inspires trust through his/her actions.
Excellence - Shows initiative to solve problems and improve, advance or enhance the business. Anticipates situations and initiates action. Establishes specific strategies and objectives to achieve results and meet goals. Focuses on the critical tasks. Displays a sense of urgency in creating results.
Teamwork - Acts for the benefit of the company regardless of division or self interest. Promotes teamwork among groups; discourages 'we' vs. 'they' thinking. Listens to input from teammates to reach the best solution. Asks for and offers support freely.
Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations of internal customers and external clients. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Requires 3+ years experience in the design and development of instructor-led instructional materials;
- Ability to deliver on all stages of a project from start-up to finish within established timeframes;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Experience managing training development projects and to coordinate several projects simultaneously;
- Knowledge of and experience in the effective application of technology to improve teaching and learning;
- Proven proficiency in utilizing instructional design methodologies and adult learning theories;
- Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing MS Word and MS PowerPoint and with learning program design systems and software;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively;
- BA/BS degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Adult Education, or a related field; MA/MS preferred.
Acquisition Solutions - 14 months ago