Assists schools, departments and faculty with the creation and/or use of graphics, image, animation, and design software and analysis tools to support teaching and learning. Create and support the graphics and user interfaces for instructional technology software and services.
Master's degree preferred.
- Three years experience developing user interfaces for dynamic websites
- Experience designing graphical elements of web applications;
- Experience working with Photoshop, Illustrator, Maya, 3D Studio Max, Final Cut Pro and other graphics, animation, and video development tools;
- Experience developing animations to communicate or present complex concepts or to convey a narrative;
- Experience creating rapid prototypes for projects;
- Experience evaluating the usability of web user interfaces;
- Extensive experience developing web sites and implementing graphic design work on the web required; and,
- Extensive experience with audio and video codecs and image file formats.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (include unique competencies, certification, licenses, etc.):
- University- level teaching and professional experience in educational technology.
- Prefer experience developing user interfaces for Android and iOS apps; and,
- Prefer experience developing and supporting complex, data-driven projects in a LAMP environment.
- Experience with one or more web content management systems, such as Wordpress, Joomla, or Drupal;
- Demonstrated ability to create graphical user interfaces;
- Knowledge of and ability to use still and video cameras;
- Must have an understanding of classroom technologies including networking, projectors and other media equipment typically found in networked classrooms;
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (include unique competencies, certification, licenses, etc.):
- Must be comfortable and competent working with the following client-based operating systems: Apple Mac and iOS, MS Windows, and Android;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Interpersonal and team building skills; and,
- Creative problem solving abilities and initiatives
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Familiarity with Web 2.0 technologies such as Google APIs;
- Knowledge of cognition theories especially as they relate to attention span, multimodal reinforcement, and visual acuity;
- Knowledge of the computer game industry from a technical, theoretical, and educational perspective;
- Knowledge of game engine platforms such as Unity 3D;
- Experience with the Sakai LMS;
- Familiarity working with Python, PHP and relational databases (i.e. MySQL, SQLite); and,
- Experience working with clients/customers on complex projects.
Projected Position Start Date:
New York University - 7 months ago
Higher education is at the core of this Big Apple institution. The setting and heritage of New York University (NYU) make it one of the nati...