Under the supervision of the Associate Dean, this instructional position involves teaching dietetic lectures and laboratory (clinical) courses in the Dietetic Technician Associate degree program. The instructor will plan, schedule, supervise, and evaluate student performance during extended laboratory (clinical) experiences. Related duties include participation in division and department activities and other duties as assigned. Assignments may include evenings and/or weekends.
1. Must be a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and certifiable as a Dietitian in the State of Wisconsin.
2. Must have a minimum of a Master’s degree in Dietetics or related field, bachelor’s degree must be in dietetics.
3. Must have a minimum of five (5) years of full time or equivalent experience as a practicing Registered Dietitian (Post Credentialing) and have been employed within the last Seven (7) years.
4. Must meet the requirements for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics as required by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) including experience in food service management.
5. Must provide proof of active membership in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
6. Two (2) years successful and extensive post- secondary experience in teaching adults of varying educational and cultural backgrounds preferred.
7. Must satisfactorily complete health requirement as required; must have current CPR certification as a professional rescuer, and must have documented compliance with State of Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check Law.
8. Knowledge or experience with engaged and service learning strongly preferred.
9. Must be able to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
10. Must have knowledge of assessment of student academic achievement techniques.
11. Must meet State of Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) instruction Certification Requirements
12. Must meet Higher Learning Commission (HLC) standards (if applicable).
13. Must be able to relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social and educational backgrounds.
14. Teaching – Must embrace and demonstrate the MATC Core Abilities and Standards of Teaching Excellence in development and delivery of instruction.
MATC Core Abilities
• Communicate effectively
• Collaborate with others
• Demonstrate responsibility
• Think critically and creatively
• Utilize technology
• Apply math and science
• Demonstrate environmental responsibility
• Embrace change
Standards of Teaching Excellence
• Understanding Students and Fostering Student Success
• Classroom Management
• Content Mastery and Currency
• Teaching Methodology
• Assessment of Student Learning
• Professional Contributions
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
1. Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without accommodation
2. Ability to sit or stand for class duration with or without accommodation
ESSENTIAL TECHNOLOGY :
1. Email - Experience with an Email system (GroupWise, Outlook, Gmail…)
2. Telephone - Experience with a voice mail system
3. Computer - Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
SUPPORTIVE TECHNOLOGY :
Experience with or willingness to learn the following supportive technologies:
1. Online Information Management Systems - Experience with INFOnline or other online information management systems used for student advising, student programs, grading, class schedules and rosters
2. Blackboard - Experience with Blackboard or other web-based course - management systems
3. Technology-based Instruction - Experience with technology-based instructional delivery systems including SMART symposium, interactive touch screen monitors, LCD projectors, DVD players and/or other classroom technology
4. Emerging Technologies - Experience with emerging technologies (eg. social networking applications)
5. (Optional) Distance Learning Instruction - Experience with on-line, two-way video, ITV, and other methods of distance learning instruction
Salary is based upon education and experience. A Master’s degree and five years of related experience would gross an approximate salary of $73,049.
Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC) is not just for techies. The two-year college offers about 200 degree, diploma, certificate, and...