Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is a privately-held company that successfully operates Job Corps, corrections, medical, and international and domestic workforce development contracts. MTC has been serving disadvantaged populations for 30 years and employs nearly 10,000 workers. MTC is a rapidly-growing, innovative and competitive company and is now the third largest operator of private adult correctional facilities.
Diboll Correctional Center , operated and managed by MTC, is a 518 bed, minimum security facility. Located in the heart of the piney woods of East Texas, the prison, opened June 16, 1995.
MTC offers a competitive wage and comprehensive employee benefits package. For more information please visit www.mtctrains.com .
This position is responsible for providing academic instruction to offenders in accordance with approved curricula in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives. Among other duties, this position will:
- Plan and conduct classes for offenders in Adult Basic Education (ABE) and General Educational Development (GED), life skills, cultural awareness, health education and special education curriculum and other subjects selected to correspond with the ability and limitations of the class.
- Administer individual educational tests and learning aptitude tests and use the results for prescriptive instruction.
- Participate in staff conferences in an endeavor to develop and improve educational programs. Confer with offenders and instructors to evaluate results of conducted classes.
- Counsel and advise offenders on academic problems.
- Adjust material and curriculum to the individual differences of the offenders assigned.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Must have a valid Texas teacher certification or meet annual in-service requirements as defined by the Texas Administrative Code. Valid driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire - Written documentation of completion of all activities applied toward continuing professional education (CPE) requirements shall be maintained by each educator. By the date renewal is required, the educator shall verify through an affidavit in a manner determined by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) staff whether he or she is in compliance with renewal requirements, including CPE. (Rule 232.880) Required documentation must be available for review at anytime. Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
MTC is an equal opportunity employer.
Management & Training Corporation - 8 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...