Essential Skills and Experience
- Associate/ Bachelors degree preferred but not required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Thirty-six months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous teaching experience desirable.
- Proficient in software application, especially Microsoft Office
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals and legal documents.
- Ability to effectively present information to management and/or public groups.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical- Standing, walking, sitting, handling papers and folders, ordinary talking, hearing and vision, lifting up to 25 pounds.
Mental- alertness, precision, ingenuity, problem solving, analytical, memory, concentration, judgment, writing ability, reasoning, initiative, patience.
Provide quality delivery of assigned course information by planning, preparing, and delivering quality classroom instruction in participatory, interactive student involved modalities. Provide guidance and academic support to students to facilitate course completion. Maintain a high student retention rate based on organizational and regulatory expectations. Evaluate and resolve student inquiries, issues, problems, and ensure appropriate action is taken to resolve issues.
Primary/Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Key Success Factors
- Complies with all Federal, State, accreditation and institutional policies and procedures.
- Complete the new Instructor training.
- Complete the ACCET required Instructional Methodology training.
- Teach one or more subjects within the Business Office Administration curriculum.
- In coordination with the Program Chair, recommend changes regarding textbooks and other aspects of the curriculum.
- Prepare and deliver lecture and lab demonstrations as outlined in curriculum.
- Facilitate class discussions.
- Performs related duties such as advising students on academic and vocational curricula, and acting as adviser to student organizations.
- Ensure student’s conceptual understanding of employability skills and continued reinforcement of placement as the end result of student’s program.
- In coordination with the Program Chair, research, update and augment lecture material and lab skills.
- In coordination with the Program Chair, compiles bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments
- Actively participate in faculty staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Directly supervise daily activities and tasks of students.
- Promote skills through demonstration and repetition.
- Organize and monitor field trips, guest speakers and other approved curriculum enhancements.
- Seek alternatives to improving student outcomes, reducing attrition and improving retention.
- Track and advise students of their academic and attendance progress.
- Demonstrate effective teaching skills and conduct tutorial sessions as needed.
- Assess student achievement and ensure accuracy of all student records.
- Stay current with trends in vocational education through professional development.
- Monitor student dress code and professional behavior.
- Follow State requirements for Continuing Education Units.
- Actively support campus initiatives, company policies and procedures, goals and student outcomes.
- Encourages use of support and resources systems including student services, library and other support organizations.
- Other duties as assigned
o Minimum of 92 % Attending Behavior
- Maintain student retention/completion rate for Business Office Administration program to the Company minimum standards;
- Instructor effectiveness—performance is successful when the following are met:
o 1st MOD, 2nd MOD, and 5 day lock
o Overall school programmatic completion and retention goals are met
- Ensure student satisfaction surveys are completed each month
- Timely and positive implementation of Company’s initiatives.
International Education Corporation - 13 months ago
International Education Corporation's history dates to 1982 when United Electronics Institute was founded in Los Angeles County, California....