TSTC is the only state-supported technical college system in Texas. TSTC's statewide role and mission is to efficiently and effectively help Texas meet the high-tech challenges of today's global economy, in partnership with business and industry, government agencies, and other educational institutions. If this is a mission you could support and help TSTC achieve, please complete our application process.
TSTC Harlingen is searching for highly qualified full-time instructors for our new Registered Nurse Program. Those qualified should have the following:
1) Hold a current license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Texas and have at least 3 years of clinical experience;
2) Show evidence of teaching abilities, maintaining current knowledge, clinical expertise and safety in subject areas of teaching responsibilities;
3) Hold a bachelor's degree preferably in nursing; prefer master's degree
1) Supervision of students in clinical learning experiences; and ascertain that the student is competent before allowing the student to perform an actual nursing procedure independently on all initial nursing procedures in the clinical area;
2) Participate in development, implementation and evaluation of the nursing curriculum;
3) Participate in the development, implementation and enforcement of standards/ policies for admission, progression, probation, and dismissal of students;
4) Participate in academic guidance and counseling;
5) Coordinate teaching activities among full-time faculty, part-time faculty and clinical preceptors or teaching assistants;
6) Participate in committees and activities of a faculty member employed at TSTC as directed.
7) Other duties as assigned by the Department Chair
Texas State Technical College - 16 months ago