Another Step partners with people with developmental disabilities to create the lives they choose.
Another Step, Inc. has vacant Full-Time and Part-Time positions for Instructors.
Essential Functions: Responsible for developmentally disabled individuals with emphasis on encouraging and guiding individuals in activities that promote independence within the home or independence and inclusion within the local community, protecting the individuals’ health and safety, facilitating community integration, facilitating relationship building, and teaching functional skills.
1. Provide oversight and guidance in various home and or community settings to ensure the health and safety of consumers in the instructor’s charge.
2. Follow consumer’s habilitation plan of services.
3. Provide transportation for consumers in a safe manner to various places in the community.
4. Support consumers in developing and maintaining functional skills.
5. Support consumers in developing relationships with people in a variety of community settings.
6. Support consumers in performing tasks at various settings.
7. Recordkeeping to include, but not limited to: Intervention records, petty cash records, and vehicle mileage records.
8. Conformance to all HIPAA privacy standards.
9. Provide input regarding program progress & recommendations.
10. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Work with people with developmental disabilities in a respectful manner.
2. Oral communication skills.
3. Read, understand, and act as directed on written documents pertaining to consumers.
4. Participate in activities with consumers.
5. Physically able to lift or move an incapacitated person or person in a wheel chair.
6. Willingness to perform personal care tasks for consumers as needed.
7. Patience and willingness to teach consumers new skills.
8. Facilitate interactions between consumers and others in community settings.
9. Drive safely and maintain a driving record in accordance with Another Step policies.
10. Pass CPR, First Aid, or other training courses.
High School Diploma or Equivalent Orientation
On the Job Training Training in HIPPA privacy standards
Prior experience working with people with disabilities is desired but not required.