Deliver in-person and on-line classroom training to an audience of 1 to 12 plus students. This position requires mastery of several products, including obtaining required certifications and updating as needed.
- Deliver excellent technical training to diverse student audiences
- Regularly learn new products, obtain new certifications as directed
- Adapt vendor-provided lab exercises to FishNet environment
- Deploy new desktop, server, and network hardware and software
- Develop and update custom training content
- Must be constantly working to develop superior knowledge of all Fishnet Security Training offerings assigned.
- Each trainer will meet the qualifications for vendor certified courses or Authorized Training Center agreements that are assigned; such as Check Point, Juniper, Certified Wireless Networking Professional.
- Every trainer is responsible to maintain the training center's hardware and software.
- Each instructor will evaluate current classes, help to create documentation for labs both for the students and also other instructors and share those with the rest of the training staff.
- Each trainer will be assigned primary and one or more secondary training areas.
- All staff may be called upon to help create new classes dealing with security.
- Most class setups require travel on Sunday to prepare the computers/room before the actual training starts on Monday morning at normally 9 a.m.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Computer Science or related field, or 4 years of information technology work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two or more years training adults in a technical setting.
- The ability to obtain new certifications.
- The ability to grasp new concepts quickly to be able to turn around and train those concepts.
- The ability to maintain knowledge of several different classes at the same time.
- Must be self starting and able to perform duties at remote sites with minimal daily supervision.
- Must be able to quickly adapt to unexpected adverse situations while continuing with the classroom training that may be at a remote location
- The ability to work both in team settings and effectively manage time and resources on own.
- Experience with at least one of the following products: Check Point VPN-1, F-5 LTM/UTM, Blue Coat web proxy preferred.
- Ability to travel 50 - 75% with occasional 4 – 8 weeks of back-to-back trips
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Strong background with Microsoft Windows.