ITT Technical Institute is a leading provider of technology-oriented postsecondary degree programs designed to help students develop skills and knowledge they can use to pursue career opportunities in a variety of fields. At our more than 120 accredited ITT Technical Institutes located in approximately 40 states, we predominately provide career-focused degree programs of study in fields involving technology, criminal justice, business, and nursing to approximately 80,000 students. Today, we continue to execute our model, add new programs of study, and grow at a very rapid pace building new campus locations across the country.
The Instructor delivers quality instruction ensuring student satisfaction by instructing students in a classroom or laboratory
setting according to program objectives and course syllabi.
- Develops daily lesson plans to include instructional aids.
- Teaches material from approved curriculum in accordance with assigned schedule to ensure student
- Assists students in achieving completion of objectives. Provides regular, accurate and timely feedback
to students relative to their performance.
- Exercises normal classroom supervision to effect a positive learning environment.
- Advises students on matters related to academics, behavior, attendance, etc.
- Participates in school retention initiatives by maintaining productive contact with students and by
getting in touch with and offering assistance to absent students. Assists in student concern resolution.
- Motivates students to actively participate in all aspect of the educational process, including but not
limited to, class discussions, demonstrations, outside assignments, research, enrichment activities, etc.
- Maintains and reports student grades and attendance in accordance with company policies and school
- Completes professional development and in-service activities in accordance with college standards
and/or as assigned.
- Maintains expertise in subject area in order to provide students with current trends and to recommend
improvements in curriculum design.
- Participates in department curriculum implementation and development meetings. Recommends
improvement in curriculum design.
- Instructs students in laboratory safety procedures when applicable.
- Participates in core course academic support programs, certification programs, and student professional associations at the school when possible.
- Performs duties in the Learning Resource Center as assigned.
At ITT Technical Institute, we are experiencing terrific growth and offer robust career development and advancement potential! We offer a competitive salary, 401(k), group medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, a tuition discount program of more than 50% for you and your immediate family members, and employee tuition reimbursement, just to name a few.
- Instructors teaching non-General Education courses: To teach lower division courses, must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and earned a minimum of 15 semester (or equivalent) credit hours in the field of study in which they are teaching.
- To teach upper division courses, must have a minimum of a master’s degree or, when applicable, an equivalent professional certification, and earned a minimum of 15 semester (or equivalent) credit hours in the field of study in which they are teaching.
- A professional certification or a master’s degree may be required for program/subject matter expertise.
- Instructors teaching General Education courses: Must have a doctorate or a master’s degree and earned a minimum of 18 graduate semester (or equivalent) credit hours in the field of study in which they are teaching.
- Formal education degrees must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education. The required level of academic preparation may be higher in some states.
- Minimum of three years applicable experience in the subject matter area is required. Teaching experience in post-secondary education at an accredited institution is preferred.
- Experience in presenting material to all levels of employees or students. Possess strong interpersonal skills such as: the ability to build cooperative relationships by being perceptive of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do, selling or influencing others—convincing others to change their minds or actions and ability to utilize different methods and mediums to deliver course material.
- Efficiently utilize a personal computer and related software including Microsoft Office, course
management system software, and internet proficiencies.
- Proven educational or administrative experience in solving complex problems for individuals or teams. Experience with analyzing and identifying the strengths and weaknesses of options and exercise critical thinking, problem solving, and judgment skills.
- Strong work ethic, timely and accurately organize, prioritize and complete all job responsibilities.
- Proven record of multi-tasking and ability to handle a high pressure environment with significant timeline pressures.
- Past history of developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- Able to obtain and maintain licenses if applicable as required by state or accrediting commissions.
Visit us at http://careers-itt-tech.icims.com to learn more about us and apply online.
ITT Technical Institute issues, on an annual basis, a Safety and Security Policies and Crime Statistics Report. The Report discloses information about our College’s safety and security policies and procedures, and statistics concerning the number of particular crimes reported to each College and local law enforcement agencies as occurring on each College’s premises or public property adjacent to the School. The Report serves to inform each College’s students, prospective students, employees and prospective employees of the existence and enforcement of the College's safety and security policies.
To access the Report for calendar year 2010 and a Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act Notice, go to: http://info.itt-tech.edu/CAMPUS_SAFETY .
ITT Technical Institute will provide a paper copy of the Report upon request.
ITT Educational Services, Inc. (ITT/ESI), is a provider of postsecondary degree programs in the United States based on revenue and student...