Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is a privately-held company that successfully operates Job Corps, corrections, medical, and international and domestic workforce development contracts. MTC has been serving disadvantaged populations for 30 years and employs nearly 10,000 workers. MTC is a rapidly-growing, innovative and competitive company and is now the third largest operator of private adult correctional facilities.
Otero County Prison Facility, operated and managed by MTC, is committed to serve and protect the people of New Mexico and Texas. The facility provides a structured program intended to encourage and establish a foundation for detainee reintegration into society. The Otero County Prison Facility encourages employee success by offering opportunities for continuing education and promotions from within. The facility is highly involved in the community events thus allowing employees to participate in community events such as Special Olympics, Toys for Tots, Career Day, and Scared Straight programs. Otero County Prison Facility creates a positive and exciting environment for all employees.
MTC offers a competitive wage and comprehensive employee benefits package. For more information please visit www.mtctrains.com
This position is responsible for providing instruction to detainees in accordance with approved curricula. In this position you will also be responsible for providing detainees with basic direction in compliance with MTC, Otero County and the United States Marshal Services directives. Among other duties, this position will:
- Plan and conduct classes for detainees in life skills, cultural awareness, health education and special curriculum and other subjects selected.
- Prepare special teaching plans, courses, activities and learning experiences appropriate for the specific detainees assigned.
- Utilize appropriate audio, visual and computer teaching materials individualized to the specific need of the detainee.
- Deliver individualized competency based instruction through classroom and in the occupational program areas taught to detainees.
- Develop performance objectives and criterion-referenced tests in accordance with established program content.
- Review, select and adapt instructional materials to help individuals reach mastery of the competencies required for entry, advancement and upgrading occupations.
- Plan activities to efficiently initiate budget requests to assure that all equipment, supplies and materials are available to support a progressive training schedule.
- Monitor motivation, discipline and learning difficulties to bring about positive changes in the behavior of detainees.
- Evaluate and maintain records of the detainee's progress towards completion of pre-stated performance objectives.
- Execute all applicable forms to adhere to facility procedures.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when appropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of staff, students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities determined by management.
POST HIRING REQUIREMENTS
You must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
Bachelor's degree, English as a Second Language (ESL) and special education certifications required if instructing in these areas. One (1) year related experience preferred. Bi-lingual preferred. Valid driver's license in the State of New Mexico of the State of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
MTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic, vocational,...