Join the nearly 10,000 employees who help tens of thousands of people each year learn new academic, technical, and social skills to become more employable and productive citizens. Management & Training Corporation's (MTC) innovative, forward-thinking attitude and culture have made us who we are today.
With a wealth of experience as a leader in the operation of Job Corps centers for the U.S. Department of Labor, MTC began operating correctional facilities for federal, state, and county agencies nearly 25 years ago. With a focus on rehabilitation through education, MTC is now the third largest operator of private adult correctional facilities. MTC offers competitive compensation including comprehensive benefits.
MTC is currently seeking the following:
INSTRUCTOR/ACADEMIC & VOCATIONAL
Responsible for providing academic/vocational instruction to inmates in accordance with approved curricula, in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Mississippi Department of Corrections directives.
1. Plan and conduct classes for inmates in Adult Basic Education (ABE) and General Education Development (GED), life skills, cultural awareness, health education and special curriculum and other subjects selected to correspond with the ability and limitations of the class.
2. Prepare special teaching plans, courses, activities and learning experiences appropriate for the specific inmates assigned.
3. Utilize appropriate audio and visual teaching materials individualized to the specific need of the inmate.
4. Administer individual educational tests and learning aptitude tests and use the results for prescriptive instruction.
5. Participate in staff conferences to develop and improve educational programs.
6. Counsel and advise inmates on academic problems.
7. Coordinate activities and classes in conjunction with appropriate school districts or other involved parties.
8. Develop program and related educational materials as necessary for the establishment and maintenance of assigned classes.
9. Adjust material and curriculum to the individual differences of the inmates assigned.
10. Confer with inmates and instructors to evaluate results of conducted classes.
11. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
12. Maintain accountability of inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
Bachelor's degree and valid teaching certification appropriate for adult basic education, GED and/or secondary endorsements in math, English, science, history, health and special education. One (1) year related experience preferred. English Speakers of other Languages (ESOL) and guidance counselor certifications required if instructing in these areas or High school diploma or equivalent and five years of experience in Career & Technical Education (CTE) discipline being taught. Valid driver's license in the state of Mississippi with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation - 23 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...