Instrument & Control Technician A
THIS POSITION IS REPRESENTED BY LOCAL 223 POWER GENERATION BARGAINING UNIT,
Under indirect and intermittent supervision of the Instrument & Control Foreman, installs, calibrates, tests, adjusts, repairs, modifies, replaces, checks, and lubricates a variety of different types of control, alarm, indicating and recording instruments including PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers), DCS (Distributive Controls and Monitoring Systems) CEM (Continuous Emission Monitoring, TSI (Turbine Supervisory Instruments).
- Performs maintenance on electric equipment as required.
- Troubleshoots process loop controls and instrument failure.
- Build test equipment and records calibration data.
- Works from blueprints, diagrams and drawings.
- Assists vendor representatives.
- Direct the work and assist in training of assigned Instrument Technician in training.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED and satisfactorily completed two years of formal course work containing topics commonly found in high school college prep courses in algebra and physics. Documentation of these courses will be required prior to final selection.
- Must be an Instrument and Control Tech A or have at least four and one half years of equivalent instrument and control experience including two years of process controls systems experience.
- Satisfactory physical examination.
- Must take the Power Plant Maintenance Selection System (MASS) test and attain a "Recommended" score. Employees performing this same job in a satisfactory manner, or have performed the job for at least six months are not required to take a test. A PRACTICE TEST CAN BE FOUND ON THE DTE WEBSITE@ WWW.DTEENERGY.COM. CLICK ON CAREERS LINK; CLICK ON HIRING PROCESS; CLICK ON SKILLS TESTING.
- If applicable, must successfully complete an 8-10 week training course at the Training and Development Centerwhich will be your assigned location throughout the training period.
- Skills demonstration may be required for those outside of the 223 Power Generation Bargaining Unit.
- Shift work may be required.
Fossil Fuel Generation Operations & Maintenance
Trenton Channel Power Plant
46958 West Jefferson Ave
Is this position covered under a Collective Bargaining Agreement?
Skills Testing Required
This position is a Department of Transportation (DOT) covered position and must pass DOT drug screen and is subject to random drug testing.
NERC-CIP Authorization: This position will require authorized unescorted access (cyber and/or physical) to NERC-CIP (North American Electric Reliability Corp. — Critical Infrastructure Protection Cyber Security Standards) controlled assets or documents?
CFATS Authorization: This position will require authorized unescorted access to restricted areas and/or access to critical assets of a CFATS (Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards) designated High Risk Chemical Facility?
DTE Energy - 24 months ago
Detroit's economy may be lackluster, but DTE Energy still provides a reliable spark. The holding company's main subsidiary,...