Dow AgroSciences is seeking an experienced Instrument & Electical Maintenance Technician to join our team at our Harbor Beach, MI facility.
The purpose of this job is to effectively maintain all instrumentation and electrical equipment at Harbor Beach Site. The site operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Therefore the role participates in a rotational pager call-in process and then works independently during the off hours to bring problems to resolution. The role is part of an empowered team, the individual must communicate effectively with all team members which includes operations, logistics and maintenance.
Doing Maintenance Work Role (90%)
- the primary responsibility is to execute maintenance tasks in a safe, efficient and effective manner according to the scope of the problem and/or job package.
Field Planning/ Work Activity Coordinator Role (10%)
- Utilize technical expertise in a systematic approach to troubleshoot/diagnose all instrument and electrical related problems.
- Assist process knowledgeable person in determining what additional troubleshooting methods should be conducted and how to collect and analyze the data.
- Maintain around the clock plant maintenance support by a rotational pager call-in process and then work independently during the off hours to bring problems to resolution.
- Use maintenance skills and knowledge to make improvement to plant performance, routinely.
- Develop maintenance procedures and practices to ensure consistent delivery of the maintenance function.
- Understanding and complying with Site Safety Standards and Practices while performing a variety of task on a daily basis. This includes working on or near energized electrical equipment.
- Providing field-planning support with respect to ensuring proper tools are in place, necessary parts are available and assist in manpower determination daily. Each job will vary depending on the scope of work. The trade's men's experience will determine job success by understanding what is required.
- Act as back-up activity coordinator as needed
Journeyman electrician license or 3 years of industrial electrical experience and enrolled in an electrical apprenticeship program.
Operational knowledge of
- Communicate effectively with maintenance peers, production personnel, lab and technical services personnel, and vendors.
- Interpret technical vendor literature, instrument / electrical drawings and schematics, piping and instrumentation drawings for field support, as well as applying this information during troubleshooting, construction and acceptance testing is mandatory.
- Knowledge of craft specific tools such as Hart Communicator for SMART instruments, lap top computers in the field for software modification, oscilloscopes for output/input analysis and a variety of measuring devices for field calibration is required. Isolation 15,000 volt equipment using potential probes at this level is critical. Safe isolation of large motors for operational and other crafts to work on is key. These motor range from 200 horse power drives to 2250 HP drives.
Solid Technical knowledge in the following areas
- Fork Trucks
- Aerial Lift Platforms
EH&S Performance- Potential candidates must have a proven record of good EH&S performance in their current and past area(s) of responsibility.
- Medium and High Voltage Isolation (2000-14,000 volts)
- Programmable Logic controller – troubleshooting skills and software download
- Variable frequency drive applications.
- Pressure and Temperature transmitters
- cGMP documentation as it pertains to instrumentation equipment
Dow AgroSciences, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, is committed to discovering, developing, and bringing to market crop protection and plant biotechnology solutions for the growing world. Dow AgroSciences is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company and had annual global sales of $7.1 billion in 2013. Learn more at www.dowagro.com
The Dow Chemical Company - 6 months ago
Dow combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving...