The team is responsible for developing and supporting systems used for data management and provision across all business lines. Core areas of reference data coverage include client and counterparty, instrument and product, corporate action related data, internal access controls, and pricing.
The team interacts with a wide range of internal clients across the organisation, including Operations, Equity and Fixed Income markets, Legal, Compliance, Finance, Risk, and all other areas requiring reference data providing pragmatic and strategic solutions. The current team has approximately 60 people, split across London, Mumbai, New York, Japan and Singapore providing subject matter expertise, functional and development capacity.
We have been initiated to provide available, timely, and consistent data that is essential to support business growth in terms of client engagement, decision support, execution and capital utilisation. The Team is being expanded to deliver this critical project.
Role / Principle Accountabilities:
Nomura is seeking an experienced Developer join the Reference Data Technology team Key aspects of the role include:
3 Key Objectives
- Design, Develop, Test & Release enhancements to Reference Data applications including re-engineering / strategic changes, major projects, small enhancements, production fixes and production Support
- Rapid assimilation & understanding of existing Nomura reference data applications and technical environment
- Ability to quickly and accurately develop enhancements to reference data applications, based on business analyst specifications or technical designs
- Responsive to production incidents and support queries
Skills - Desirable
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced technical developer, with 5 years plus experience in J2EE Applications (JSP, Servlets, EJB, Web Services) and SQL (Sybase). The candidate will be service-orientated, have good communication skills, and be comfortable with working in a multi-cultural, multi-regional, 24H business environment.
- Core Java/J2EE (RMI, EJB) and application frameworks (Spring)
- Web Technologies (JSP, Servlets)
- SQL (querying ability, scripting, stored procedures)
- Worked in the financial industry (e.g. for an Investment Bank, Asset Manager, Exchange, Broker, Data Vendor, etc)
- Worked as part of an multi-regional team (e.g. within or with off-shore, near-shore, or remote teams)
- Worked on a ?in-house? reference data or data-warehouse project, or on the implementation of a reference data package (such as Golden Source or Asset Control)
- Practical experience of Production Support or multi-tasking with numerous development requests
Knowledge - Essential
- Application servers (WebLogic, JBoss)
- Messaging (JMS, Tibco, MQ)
- Web Services
- Full software development lifecycle experience
- Experience working in a rapidly changing, fast paced business environment
- Understanding of data-model concepts (entities, attributes, relationships, etc)
- Experience working with off shore clients and delivery teams
Go to http://www.cmp.jobs to see more jobs.
- Understanding of at least one major vendor product (e.g. Bloomberg, Reuters, Thompson/Alert)
- Understanding other key reference data domains including instrument data
- Understanding of front to back reference data flows and the trade lifecycle
BMO Capital Markets is a leading, full-service North American financial services provider. With more than 2,300 employees operating in 29...