Eppendorf, a leader in the bio-tech industry sales, marketing, manufacturing and distribution facilities located in North America , develops, produces and distributes systems for use in life-science research laboratories worldwide.
Its product range includes pipettes, dispensers and centrifuges as well as consumables such as micro test tubes and pipette tips.
In addition, Eppendorf provides instruments and systems for cell manipulation, automated devices for liquid handling, complete equipment for DNA amplification and biochips.
A series of complementary products manufactured by us and other companies round off this product range.
Eppendorf products are aimed at academic and commercial research institutes as well as industrial companies in the field of biotechnology or in other sectors using biotech research processes.
We are seeking a n Instrument Service Technician – Calibration & Instruments for our San Diego , CA facility .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Diagnoses and repairs Eppendorf electronic instrumentation and all brands of pipettes within the designated Service Repair Center . May be required to perform these duties and responsibilities within the field in rare circumstances as determined by the supervisor.
- Executes the determined service product . F ollows any established repair or customer protocols, tests instruments to ensure conformance to factory specifications. Determines and completes necessary cleaning, replacement, adjustment or repair. Records calibration test measurements in and administers test certificates as required.
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction. Must be an effective communicator from managing expectations through follow-up in a positive, customer centric, error free and professional manner. Primary contacts will be internal business partners with occasional external customer contact.
- Establish and maintain a high degree of technical knowledge pertaining to the repair, maintenance, and quality system requirements of Eppendorf equipment and services. Satisfactory completion of Eppendorf initial and ongoing service training.
- Responsible for receiving, shipping and coordinating the receipt and return of customer’s property in and out of the Service Repair Center .
- Administrative Excellence. Responsible to ensure service is completed accurately and all system needs are addressed in a timely manner with the proper detail to ensure invoicing and quality management system requirements.
- Supports the Sales organization where requested and the sales of service products and liquid handling promotion programs.
- Enforces, cooperates with and complies with all of the company’s policies, procedures, rules and regulations. Exercises all safety precautions as required and responsible for proper care of company equipment.
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or equivalent military training, and three to five years’ related experience and/or training.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Proficiency in computer applications using Windows based software.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS:
To qualify for consideration, all applicants must submit a Cover Letter stating related experience and salary requirements. All cover letters and resumes MUST be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must maintain a good driving record.
You will be working in a professional, corporate environment. In ret urn for your contributions, you will receive a competitive salary and an excellent company paid benefits package.
A sampling of our company paid benefits includes :
- comprehensive medical
- comprehensive dental
- basic life insurance
- short and long term d isability
- tuition reimbursement program
- paid vacation
- paid holidays
- paid sick and personal days
- 401k plan
Eppendorf is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/V/H